Quote Originally Posted by ash1807 View Post
Keval,

I was told by my doctor that Pregablin is for anxiety related symptoms, thus I would very much assume that an SSRI would be a better choice for OCD.

Have you been on any SSRI prevoiusly? Sorry to hear that your anxiety levels are still hight. People react to medication differently. The only thing I can say here is that take your time to taper off the med. I have had horrendous times with tapering previously

ash
Hello ash,

I had thought there was a possibility that pregabalin might help with OCD as OCD is an anxiety disorder. I therefore experience a great deal of anxiety in much the same way as someone with GAD, for example.

I have tried many SSRIs and none have been effective.

Your point about slowly tapering off pregabalin is well taken. When you say "I have had horrendous times with tapering previously...", would you be kind enough to give some details? I am particularly interested in the rate at which you reduced your dosage, what was your starting point and for how long had you been taking pregabalin before tapering off? That information would be most valuable.

Thanks in advance.

keval