Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Re: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Oh my, and there was me thinking I was the only one, I too am currently experiencing extreme anxiety, in the last 2 years my brother died suddenly, my sister suffered a near fatal stroke and my other sister diagnosed with cancer. Now every little thing to do with my children and hubby (and me) I think it is terminal, I Google all the time and it is always the Big C that stands out never anything else, My son is old enough now to visit night clubs, when he goes out and that is not that often I am wreck, I do not sleep I have constant thoughts he is lying drunk in the gutter after being mugged, the next day I am completely washed out with lack of sleep, it is ruining my life and I know I am not being rational but events over the last few years have made me like this, my son has lump which the doctor says is nothing to worry about but he will go for a ultra sound to check it out, I am convinced he has something terrible and am constantly looking at him, is he pale, has he lost weight, if he is a bit quiet I am convinced he is feeling unwell and is worried about himself... I know it is ridiculous, I cannot talk to my husband as I feel so stupid.... I am not taking anything as I don't feel I am actually depressed, I just have this anxiety that is destroying my life...... just talking about it helps and knowing other people also feel like this is I'm sorry to say something of a comfort. I just don't want to feel like this any more I want my life back and to start feeling positive. I just don't know what to do to wipe my mind of these negative thoughts..... I hope you all get to feel better soon, just knowing we are all in the same boat I am hoping may be of some comfort to you as well..

This post was very helpfull for me. Today is my first day here, my english isnīt very good. I am dealing with those kind of thoughs, and i will do the same steps that you did. Thank you so much, i am feeling better already, only reading your experience.

I can identify with all you've posted I too have health anxiety
    I never worried about my health before if I had a headache it didn't bother me but now I freak out thinking the worst oh I have a tumour etc going though a bit of that today woke up this morning and have a pain in abdomen just over right rib that of course started me panicking (gallbladder liver etc) and I have used google the day should get a slap on the wrist for that as I know that makes things worse which it did as things came up about heart attack etc
    Trying to tell myself it's not what I think and can be something simple ie a pulled muscle brains not taking that on

wow this has been amazing to read, finally to relate.
    thank you x

One thing I'd recommend people do is get a pendulum and use it to ask personal health questions. I've found mine to be very accurate and a source of relief as I'm still here and in one piece after many years of health anxiety. You need to be open minded about spirit of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Pete View Post
    One thing I'd recommend people do is get a pendulum and use it to ask personal health questions. I've found mine to be very accurate and a source of relief as I'm still here and in one piece after many years of health anxiety. You need to be open minded about spirit of course.
    What is a pendulum Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by swfcqueen View Post
    What is a pendulum Pete?

http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/articl...ndulum-dowsing

A good description here. I'm not sure it would work for everybody and it doesn't pick lottery numbers, beleive me I've tried, but on personal issues it's been mostly accurate. If you ask it 'Do I have [name disease] and it spins anti clockwise it means no. Helps put the mind at rest, for me anyway, but you need to be open minded about things like spirit guides etc.. because that is the source.

Thank you for sharing this. I relate to so much of what you've said and it's no fun at all suddenly finding yourself in this state. I'm sorry that other people are experiencing this but it is comforting to hear that it's not just me!

I need to learn not to google. I always tell myself not to but when I can't sleep, I convince myself that it will make me feel better (silly girl) as it always makes me feel worse!! I try to tell myself I am being irrational, but that doesn't help either. I can't get out of my own head!!!

Yeah googling has costed me $4000 and almost 3 months of anxiety so far. I quit googling almost a month ago.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information