Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Re: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Thanks for taking the time to type your story and share your tips. I've read most (if not all) of those from books and other self-help materials but somehow, reading them again from another person's post helps me remember them.

I hope we all conquer our panic and anxiety soon!

-Nikki
    nikki.simbulan@gmail.com
    You can e-mail me anytime...

i have just come on this site too and i have never read about so many people that have the same problem as me..
    my anxiety seems to be around my mouth, i used to worry about the rest of my body but for some reason, the anxiety i get with my mouth has taken this away..
    i do wonder is it the anxiety i am more scared of? is it the fact of finding a focus ie in my mouth and knowing i will get anxoius.. so im scared of being anxious if you get what i mean...

Hi I worry

I read your first post - sorry not read everything else
    I cant believe how much your anxiety is like mine - we worry about the same things - along with many other people

I have tried outside help - but still I worry - so my most recent find is mindfulness meditation - its early days yet - but so far so good

I don't have a clue whe or my anxiety could have started. Well I had a baby over a year ago and the night after I had her the room was spinnin and heart pounding and ever since then I've been docotrs hospital everythin and test hae come back normal. I don't like really going out by myself incase somethin happens and my baby is left alone. Along with all other things. I'm only just gwttin to the point where I will leave her with someone else and even then I'm textin askin about her and if I don't get one back within a second I panic. However I think it ma have all started worryin about my palpitations then it worried I was ill then I started worryin what if somethin happened when I'm alone in the house and my baby was lwft alone again and no one found her all day etc. Then I started gettin headaches (probably becase I was worryin) then I thought why is this headache not goin?? Cancer? Disease?? Then it just got worse and worse. Iwas only diagnosed the other day with anxiety and depression. I still though can't get my head into thinkin that all my symptoms are down to that!! I do remember a few times thinkin I feel quite down today but I didn't see why?? But I brushed it off and it all has seemed to escalated. Lightheaded, dizzy, hot, cold, headache, loss of concentration, just switchin off, I feel like I'm in a dream, like I'm not here kinda thing. My eyes have gone all funny. Fuzzy. And now I panic about all my symptoms. Worry I will never see my baby again and on and on and on

Thank you so much for this post. The last couple of weeks have been crazy for me. It started with pain in my chest and problems breathing, Dr Google of course told me I was having a heart attack, or maybe pneumonia. After a trip to urgent care, a quick EKG told them I had a slight abnormality in my EKG, so a rush to the ER it was. The ER came back with nothing, I was fine, go home, you are not going to die. I followed up with my doctor, and she told me I probably have GERD (not life threatening), and anxiety. I started citrolopram (sp?) yesterday. Today I have tingling in my jaw, Dr Google brought me here. Honestly, it is the best thing that could have happened. As I read through Health Anxiety I don't feel crazy, I feel better. The tingling in my jaw is going away. I am finally realizing this is what I have been dealing with since I had a pulmonary embolism 7 years ago. The reasons I had a PE are now managed, and I very likely will not have one again, but the fear is strong. And now I am not the only person that feels this way.

Thankyou Soooooo much I worry 2 , for that long, informative and inspirational thread. I am new to this forum and some of the things you said in youre thread was exactly how i was, and still am ! I went through I really traumatic time 3 years ago losing both my parents due to Diabetice(my dad) and Lung cancer(my mum) who I cared for at home. The effects of which left me with panick attacks and ultimately ! Heath anxiety (I have been to the doctors and hospitals on numerous occassions thinking there is something wrong) ! Anyway thankyou once again, its good to know im not on my own with these feelings and Im not going crazy!! I will implement some of the steps you have suggested.xx Thankyou x

Thankyou SO much for this!
    You are truly an inspireing person, this has helped me so so much and i can't thankyou enough.

My recent HUGE panic attack has lead me to believe that this NEEDS to be taken under control now, I am only 16 years old and i have a wonderful loving family, my whole life ahead of me, and i need to get this sorted before it takes over the rest of my life. I have been a nervous wreck for about 4 years now, firstly it was the fear for my families welfare, then it went on to my families welfare and my welfare. There have been times where it has been going well, and other times where it would go completely down hill again. I don't want this to happen anymore. I believe this has already taken over mine and my families lives, and i want that to change.

I am currently recieving CBT therapy which i am finding isnt going to well, but i am still going with an open-mind and trying my best to make it work. But i need more, this isnt enough to help me get through this. I need my family to understand and be there for me. Ive had numourous blood tests, ECGS, urines samples, Stool samples and they havn't found anything....... So i guess its just my anxiety?

But anyway i will keep you posted on how its going and i just wanted to say thankyou again for sharing your journey with us.

Take care, many thanks xx

Hello, That explains me to a tee!! It was just last night I came across this site and it was only because i have just started to feel like this again.. after 6 months on anti depressants I decided to come off and tr for a new baby :\ ill explain how i think mine started and a few things that make me feel scared! if it relates to anyone then it will sort of make me feel better ..

Mine started about eight months ago after i found out on facebook a lad from school (17 years ago) had died from swine flu, then i found out it was a blood clot in his leg, But then after a month or so of trying to find out the cause of his death I found out he had been in an accident and had surgery on his leg that caused the clot and the swine flu .. well i dont even think he had it! ... its funny how I HAD to find out the cause of his death!! I hadnt seen this guy in 17 years ... I wondered WHY i was affecting me this way, Anyways since then if I hear of a death, some ones ill or anything health wise I feel I must find out why it happened or why its happening... My head feels like its goin to explode!! I feel like if it was due to a heart attack its going to happen to me, Or if it was a stroke its going to happen to me, I have pains in my arms and chest! (that i know are phantom) I cant bare to watch the news, read magazines and 2012 is freaking me out big time! O.o a few weeks back i seen in a magazine "im pregnant and dying" on the front page!! like oh my god do you not realize you stupid magazine I don't want to know!! My mam gave me some take a breaks and wow i couldn't sleep for days thinking what if any of this happens to me!

last night I found my self crying as my son was finding it hard to sleep, I automatically thought the worst, i could me meningitis!!! I had to move his pillow from under his because i was scared he would suffocate ... So I went outside and took some deep breaths .. Its amazing how nice it is in the evening .. made me relax a little! Some times i just sit and look at my children and instantly feel scared! They cant loose me, and i certainly dont want to loose them!

Id love to start thinking more positive about things but its hard! Im hoping my stay here will help its actually nice to read about other peoples fears etc it makes me feel like im not on my own! Anyways im going to leave this now, im terrible at explaining feelings and not the best at putting words together lol. Hope you (who evers taking time to read) are well and take care xx

Thank you so much for this post. It is great, I did read all of it! You have obvioulsy thought long and hard about this and come up with a positive, determined outlook. It helped lift me and want to join you in your action plan. And you have a great way of writing and made me laugh a bit too! Keep us posted on how it's going xxx

P.S. The few mins a day thinking positively about what we have to be thankful for - this is really good, I will aim to do this more too :-) Also what I find helps is to resolve to think of others more. Anxiety can be such a wrapped-up, introspective state, I just think about myself far too much! It helps me to focus on other people as a distraction and a positive thing to do, and to ground you more and link you back to the real world.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information