Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump on my groin

Lump on my groin

Well I always think I am sick with something, but I wanted some opinions.

I get sick of running to the doctor every time I "think" something is wrong.

Last night I felt a lump on groin, it's just on one side. If feels like a cyst, and is under the skin. My husband told me to wait a few days to see if it goes away or gets bigger ect. Should I wait, or go a head and get it checked out? I know your lymph nodes will do this if you have an infection, but I also know it could be something more serious.

Thanks for you help.

go with ur instincts, so what if we go docs all the time about every little thing at least we have more chance of good health again even if something is wrong. how do u feel? have u been experiencing other symptoms that dont happen with ur anxiety? x

not really. I have had a fever for a few months off and on, but they said it was probably nothing. I have no other sympotoms. thanks.

then why would it be anythin maybe its fatty tissue that has just come up for no reason everyone gets them. let me know what doc says pm me if u want to x

I get them going up and down all the time: under my arms, on my neck, in my groin. Like all anxiety things, they only get sore when I think about them. Some people are just prone to it, I think.

I have done some reading online (big mistake!) and I think I might have a hernia.. really. I am going to wait until the morning and if it is still there I am going to the doc. it is sore.
    I have worried about it non stop for two days!
    Thanks!

Hi there -

I had exactly the same thing - woke up one morning to find a lump and freaked out! Ended up going back to the docs 3 times to check that I was OK. First time he took my temp and I had a bit of a fever, which explained that my immune system was fighting something.

Of course that didn't satisfy me and I went back twice. And guess what it turned out to be?? I had had a vaccination as I was not immune to Rubella (german measles) and had a reaction to that, which is why the lump was where it was (ie got jabbed in the right butt, and lump came up in the right side of groin). Anyway, it took at least a week to go, so don't panic. But if you really want peace of mind go to the docs. Face your fears and you will feel more in control.

Good luck - I totally understand where your head is at.

Yep...don't panic. I felt one about a pea size in my throat and thought i had throat cancer or something. turned out to be a swollen gland and now I have the flu. i felt stupid but us health worriers feel serious fear from these things so don't feel bad if you need to go to the doctor to get your peace of mind.

Hi,

Well I went to the doctor. She didn't do any tests, but she felt my lump and said it was nothing. She said if it got bigger to come back, but other than that it was ok.

I am done worrying about this!

Thanks for all your support.

I know this post is an older one, but I have been reading it as i also have a small lump in my groin. It's only small, and can only feel it if i stand a certain way, but its definately on one side but not the other. Its been there some time but i haven't really worried about it as I have been more concerned with my heart (ectopic beats etc.) However, since getting the all clear last week from att my heart tests, i have started worrying about this lump (typical!). I don't want to keep going back to the doctors but part of me thinks I should get it looked at, whilst part of me thinks I should ignore it as it is small and doesn't hurt. What do you think???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information