Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dose increasing from 20mg to 40mg

Dose increasing from 20mg to 40mg

Hi All,

Got to see my GP today and had a good chat about how I'm doing. I explained that I had a couple of good days and do feel like the Cit is helping, I am better than I was. However, I'm really on edge and feel like I'm still very close to being a mess. We agreed to increase my dose to 40mg, although she's happy for me to experiment with the dose between 20 and 40mg to find what suits me. Hooray for sensible GP's and informed adult discussion

Spoken to my therapist about it too, seeing this as a really positive step to get me the head space to sort myself out.

I know I'm in for a bit of a ride with the side effects again, but so what, done it once, can do it again. I can hear the clak, clak, clak of the roller coaster as I'm climbing to the top of the ride again!

Chris

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

Re: Dose increasing from 20mg to 40mg

Sounds like your Dr is a good judge Chris ..try 30mg until you feel like the s/e s have stopped .You may find its all you need .Doubling up will be hard so this way you may not get any s/es except maybe a headache and feel slightly groggier for a little while .Its in your system so it wont be as bad as when you first started them .Hope you feel better soon and keep updating with progress .Take care sue x

Well done Chris, you sound absolutely in control of this thing, I'm watching your progress with interest!

That is good news Chris, keep us posted. I am on 20mg but have been feeling really low for the past week or so, saw my gp yesterday and I will see her again in the new year and see if I need to up to 30mg.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

chris thats great news that you got to see your doctor and discuss things.

I too went from 20mg to 30mg, but had a slight blip so now on 40mg, which i can feel working already and i only upped it on Friday night, all i noticed was i was a bit more tired in the mornings, but rather be tired than anxious and on edge all the time, keep us posted and good luck xxx

Well done Chris, its great when you can have a great relationship with yu GP isn't it.

You sounds really upbeat about moving forward - that is so good to hear and inspirational to the rest of us - thank you.

We're here if you need us xxx

I think there are a few things that are helping me feel upbeat.

I'm developing a clear distinction between my illness and me. I tend to think to myself when I'm down that it's my illness not me and my spinning thoughts is my anxiety telling me lies, not the truth of my situation. I'm therefore choosing not to act on the basis of those thoughts. I think the really bad second week on cit helped with that because I learnt to blame the meds for feeling bad not myself, that seems to have helped seperate mood and identity. I'm really fed up with being ill, I very much see it now as an illness I have to deal with not who I am.

Choosing to go to the Docs and ask for an increase was my choice based on my opinion and in my mind was a positive action towards getting myself some space from my illness to deal with my issues.

I feel like the mindfulness stuff I've been learning and practicing is really helping me be aware of and control my thoughts and emotions and how they affect me.

First day on 40mg, I've just gone for it to be honest, I have 20mg tablets and I can't really be bothered splitting them and having to remember which day is which etc unless I really need to. I'll see how I go, today I've been a bit super happy! Quite fun to be honest, I spent the day with an old friend and it was hilarious

Thank you all for your kind words and support, it's really appreciated and I suspect I might be needing some as I settle onto the new dose. Really have a sense of turning a corner though

Chris xxx

Glad to hear it is going well Chris. I am on 40 mg. and starting to feel like I will be able to enjoy Christmas and handle having family home etc.
    Hope your increase goes smoothly.
    Elaine

Hi,

Well after a couple of days feeling like a giidy schoolgirl, I'm pretty flat and tired today. I've been sleeping better, but today I've felt really unmotivated and flat.

First time round on Cit I was really pushing myself through this phase and being way too hard on myself. This is second time round though and I know this is just the meds and will soon pass so I'm using it as an excuse to be lazy and watch kiddies films on telly. Need to look after my inner child after all

Chris x

Ive been watching very bad xmas movies and crying...must be getting sentimental in my old age! also snuck in a few scooby doos, nowt wrong with that.....

Glad you had a couple of good days, and sorry youre a bit flat today...that damb rollercoaster........

You are so right about separating you from the illness Chris. I always say my illness doesnt define who I am, its me and it, not me with "it" as part of me......right enough gobeldygook for tonight. Hugs x

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information