Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dose increasing from 20mg to 40mg

Re: Dose increasing from 20mg to 40mg

Hi Chris, sorry you are going through a tough time. You have been so supportive and such a help, when you are going through stuff yourself, that speaks volumes about your character. Don't be hard on yourself, it takes time. xx

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Wow Chris that sounds like quite a day you had! But just look at how well you handled it. Be sure not to confuse depression with sadness, a few tears after all that went on is perfectly natural and a healthy response, it doesn't mean you've slipped back or anything. Your 'self talk' (you deserve better)also seems to be much healthier and stronger, but also try to bear in mind that you dont know what this friends self talk is doing to her so please dont take responsibility for her reaction, its not for you to carry! Take encouragement from the fact that you are doing just fine, keep up the great work xx

Quote Originally Posted by HarrogateChris View Post
    I had a female workmate who I've been close with for years refuse to meet me for lunch (it's a sandwich FFS) I guess my 'friend who isn't my friend anymore' has been involved in that one.
    That's paranoia for you

Spoke to a male colleague who's been really fantastic throughout my illness. He says my workmate was really fine with me, just didn't want to do lunch. I trust him, he "gets it" where my illness is concerned and has really reasured me

Had a pretty anxious day today, spent it with my Dad in his workshop doing woodwork. Notable for the accusation that I've been having an affair with an old friend!! He's been hanging onto this since before Christmas. Talk about nonsense, I've set him straight without falling out. But this week is starting to get comical in it's nonsense!!

Feeling more positive tonight, thank you everyone who's been in touch to express your care and concern, I value each and every one of you.

Chris xxx

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

I think this thread has run it's course

40mg is feeling very much like the right dose for me, I'm feeling really stable. I'm still having my ups and downs, I'm still crying. I'm pleased about that because I think being able to feel is important in the healing process. But I don't feel overwhelmed and debilitated by my emotions anymore. I feel like I have enough control to move safely into the next phase of my recovery as I see it and that's dealing with the stuff that got me here. So I've started a new thread to record my progress.

Thank you all for your wonderful support so far

Chris x

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information