Thread: Overactive mind

Overactive mind

Hello too everyone having a really bad night and looking for some support. past two days i feel like im really loseing it. had really bad racing thoughts for two days but it feels wiered. its like the thoughts ar going fast but there in the background like im processing things really quickly and the thoughts pop up but then are replaced by a completely different thought in a second kind of like im getting half the thought and its registering but not stopping long enough for me too really think it. sorry if this sounds daft im just really scared of loseing my mind. also the thoughts are not just anxious most are but some are just genral stuff. i feel like this is a bit of a saftey thing for me but not sure ive just taken my son back too my ex partners house and miss him like mad and started too get upset but i cant hold the thought long enough too cry if that makes sense.sorry for the length of this im just so scared of not making it till christmas too see my son with his presents.

Re: Overactive mind

forgot too add i also have songs in my head a lot that seem too just start up from nowhere any help would be great thanks

Mate, you will see your boy with his presents at Xmas and that's a good thing.

I some times have racing thoughts about, stuff from the past, stuff from the present and stuff from the future.

It's like I latch on to a thought and then predict something that I don't like, or don't want to happen - like some demented psychic story teller!

What you (and I) need to remember is that we are actively doing this, we are fuelling the thoughts, it's like a fire that needs oxygen to keep it going; our behaviour is the oxygen for the thoughts.

You are not losing your mind, but you do need to find a way of taking control of the situation. For me saying the word STOP firmly to myself begins the process of taking hold of the situation.

All the best.

Thanks diver im so sick of over analizing everything my biggest fear is mental illness. it changes from one day too the next am i scitzophrenic, bipolar, or something else horrible its driving me up the wall. just want too stop this and lead a normal life.thanks for the tip mate means alot

Thread Information