Thread: Ent confirmed raised lymph node is benign.....

Ent confirmed raised lymph node is benign.....

Hi

I dont post much on here, but like to lurk and pick up advice etc

I recently have been to the doctors with ear and throat pain and feeling of a lump in my throat, and got told that my ears were blocked with fluid, and that its very normal in this country. The lump in my throat feeling was put down to anxiety. I wasnt too convinced but eventually the ear pain eased so I wasnt too worried. THEN I found a tiny lump in my neck, the doctor couldnt believe I found it as it was so small!!! After 3 appointments to check the lump, he referred me to ENT. I was really worried that it could be something serious (even though the GP said he didnt think it was!).

The ENT put a camera down my nose and throat, everything seemed clear, no lumps etc. I also had an ultra sound on my lump. I got the results today and it is just a benign lymph node so no need to worry.

I asked him about the lump in my throat feeling and he said he would have seen something when I had the camera, and that I more than likely have global hystericus. He has given me some meds to ease acid and the feeling of food getting stuck.

I still have the lump feeling........fingers crossed I can drum it into my mind that there really is nothing wrong!!!!!!

So for anyone that is worried about lymph nodes.....it doesnt always mean anything disastrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ent confirmed raised lymph node is benign.....

Hi there

Having a bad day today but it really cheered me up to read your post - nice to hear someone getting some good news and passing on some positive advice.

xx

Re: Ent confirmed raised lymph node is benign.....

Good news Mushroom, glad you are okay and hope those worrying about lymph nodes take heart from your post xx

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Thread Information