Hi Friends,

Anxiety wise I have been doing very well lately...I have been able to also keep a lid on my panic (though I still feel it rising sometimes) and am getting on generally ok.

Anyway, I came back from Spain at the end of November, unfortunately with what I suspected was cystitis. I didn't see my GP as I had bought some over the counter herbal meds which were helping, but after 3 weeks I still had the symptoms on and off so today I saw my GP.

He confirmed cystitis/UTI with a urine test and prescribed me antibiotics, however what upset me was when I told the GP this was my second bout and it always coincided with the times I am intimate with my boyfriend (who I visited abroad) and asked him if there was anything I can do to prevent it (as I knew that you can take a low dose antibiotic as cover after sex if you have a tendency for them from intercourse) he said...

'Change your boyfriend'.....

I didn't take it seriously at first, and then he went on about antibiotic cover and making sure you wee after sex, etc. but then later on he said the same thing about changing my partner.

I asked him 'Seriously??' and he looked at me like I had two heads! I then asked 'Is it something to do with him then?' ...and he said no, but sex is about two people and how they interact with each other and some bacteria can come from his rectum and be passed into my urethra during sex'.

Why then would he say something like that to me then about changing my partner if this is a common thing that can happen to women after sex?

I don't know why but it just upset me a lot as I care deeply for my partner and he set stupid doubts in my mind, when I know a UTI is not caused by a sexual bacteria.

Just wanted to vent folks, sorry.xxxxxxx