Thread: “Bigemini” rhythm.

“Bigemini” rhythm.

Anyone know anything about this? This is what I have been getting lately a lot.I used to have just normal single skips but now I get this..Bigemini

Its when you heart beats in a series of two beats stops two beats stops.

Can I feel reasonably sure that since I had a extra long perfect ekg and the doctor checked my heart everywhere you could check it and looked for signs of everything that my heart is healthy?

She said that my ekg was perfect and my heart sounded fine .When i get this rhythm its usually at night after meals or it happened today when I was walking but I had acid from being hungry ..that may have caused it..

Its not continuous but it does happen and seems to happen more frequently lately I suppose due to stress.It is also caused by electrolyte imbalance that may have been caused when I stopped taking my meds and after a month started again.

I had never heard of this but went to a cardiologist and explained everything and he has a website that he replied on showing me an ekg of someone that has this but my heart isn't consistently doing this. its just usually after a meal or when im really stressed..

Hope its ok..like I said its not all the time just some here and there.It has happened to me when laying down at night too..but the treatment is usually finding out what isn't in balance in your body and correcting it or
    exercise and stopping caffeine and smoking and a few other things. It can be treated with beta blockers but im already taking some of those..

I just wondered.. if anyone else ever heard of this..Its another one of my million and one questions to see if anyone else ever had this or knows about it.Michael

Re: “Bigemini” rhythm.

anybody?

Sorry i dont know much about this but i have read a post on here at where someone described something very similar, maybe if you search for it you will find the post, dont recognise the medical name though so maybe they described it as something else. xxxx

I think it was me that posted what you read.I didn't know what it was until last evening.I guess its not that common or someone would have heard of it.Michael

Hi,

I also get Bigeminy - beat, pause, beat, pause, beat, pause.
    Some days I don't get any, some days I get alot.
    I also take propranolol (beta-blockers) but they don't stop my irregular heartbeats - so after Christmas I am stopping the tablets as agreed by my Dr.
    One Dr I saw at the hospital once said to me "you will just have to learn to live with it." Easier said than done!

Thread Information