Thread: University...

University...

Hi all!

Well I am due to go back to university in January (took a semester out due to darn anxiety!!!!) and I will be in my 3rd year, however... having talked about it in great depth with my psychologist, CPN and family, I do not feel that I would be able to cope with the stress, and so am looking into the option of not going back and starting to look into jobs.

I have just dug out my exam results certificate from last year (when I was in 2nd year) and it says...

"the assessment board for the programme named above has considered your module results and has made the following decision: PROCEED or ELIGIBLE FOR LEVEL SHE2 AWARD"

Now I just wondered if anyone knew what the heck a level 2 she award is?! Is it something u can write on a CV that you have?!?! I want to e-mail my uni advisor to find out, but she is off on Xmas hols now, and I am very curious!

Does anyone have any idea????

Thanks!

Emma x

Re: University...

Hi Emma, you will need to speak to the uni but see if this is any help meantime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma...gher_Education

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Hi Emma

I think you will find there are no hard and fast rules as it depends on the exact subject you are studying, grades you have achieved etc etc really you need to check with your uni as sometimes you will need to be effectively taken off your course and put onto another to realise the accredits owed you.

Have you thought of continuing with the Open University at all? I study with them as a (very) mature student and have picked up all sorts of qualifications just as a hobby/pastime. The OU should credit you for any study at level one and two which would mean just studying your level three. There are all sorts of benefits in this type of study for people like us. Obvious one is that you do it at home, you can do it at your own pace and while you work, it’s also cheaper and if you are not working/earning you can get government funding.

Worth a thought, seems a shame to waste what you have done to date.

Hi,

I completed my degree despite anx and depression and am now onto a masters degree.

I dont think leaving and getting a job is the answer, getting a job will be just as , if not more stressful, neva mind the interview and the struggle to get a job.

There is alot of help for people wth anx and stuff at uni and like groundhog says it would be a shame to waste what uv done and i reckon ud regret it ? keeping at it and getting ur degree despite everythingwould be such as achievement!!!!

best of luck whatever happens
    tc
    munkey
    x

Thread Information