Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off to Spain for Christmas, another challenge!

Off to Spain for Christmas, another challenge!

Hi All,

As many of you know i've made quite a bit of progress these past few weeks... well tomorrow i face another challenge!

My parents live abroad, and tomorrow i'm travelling there with my sister (weather permitting!!) for Christmas, so for around a week.

Foreign food, foreign labels...all my safety foods *gone*... and the house is in the middle of nowhere, nowhere near a hospital.

Safe to say from start to finish i am feeling very apprehensive about the whole thing! Even flying, worried about being delayed at the airport, not being able to eat on the plane or someone next to me eating nuts, having a panic attack on the plane... all the usual!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress... i'm secretly hoping for a snowdrift tonight ... but when I do this it's just going to be another step closer to feeling so much braver and another achievement, i know that!

Take care all

Re: Off to Spain for Christmas, another challenge!

Good luck Amber. You have managed so much in the last little while so I'm sure you'll manage this as well. Hope you really, really enjoy yourself.

Cheap fags for me please

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Hello Allergyphobia
    You will be Ok I am sure. I have had no experiance of air ports,I have heard stories from people though but i am sure once you are on that plane you will be fine. Just relax, and think how nice it will be for you to see you parents,and you will have yout sister with you too.
    Alergies are a pest.This sounds daft but if I go any where near broad beans.cooked or raw.I go hesterical if i see a wasp as well.and perfume ?don't mention it.Now I' going off on one.I'm supposed to be cleaning the bedroom!!!

Hi Amber,

you'll be alright, hope you enjoy yourself.

Yvonne

You all make me laugh and smile so much x x x

I am here in one piece, and I've had a big lunch of my mummys lasagne, yum yum.

Picked up a dreadful cold on the plane, but i reckon I'm in the right place to get some home comforts!!

Getting some exposure therapy here too, opened the fridge to be greeted with the sight of celery and as I type this i can see a big bowl of nuts!! it's probably good to be surrounded by things i am most scared of, get me used to being around things.

wishing you all the happiest christmas wherever you are and whatever you are doing... thank you all for being so so kind to me x x x x

P.s cheap fags and stuffed donkey, got it... any one for tequila slammers??

Hi Amber,

I so feel for you as I don't like flying, not 'cos I'm scared but I usually suffer panic attacks mid flight. I think it is the enclosed sensation and having no escape route!

But wow.....u did it girl!!! Well done you.

I WISH YOU A FANTASTIC XMAS AND I AM SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!! Would love a bit of Spain right now, lol.

All the best.xxxxx

Awh thanks Debs!!

Funny you should mention it, because of the weather our plane got stuck on the runway for 20 minutes whilst they were de-icing it. The plane was getting really warm, and they turned the lights off and we were about to get going, when a poor lady a couple rows back seemed to have some sort of panic attack...

the stewards were running about everywhere, and they put out a callout for a doctor, but after that she seemed to calm down, and off we went! made me realise how many of us there are suffering out there, but that brave lady got through the flight.

i don't like flying much either, but when i fly with my sister i find her very calming.. i also had my relaxation on my ipod and fell asleep for a little while! taking off is the worst bit i find!

you have a lovely christmas too. would you believe it it's 15degrees here today, i've been sitting outside with the sun on my face. the wind has got up now though so it's all inside to watch a bit of shrek with a cuppa!!

thanks for your kind words. hope santa brings you what you wanted this christmas

take care
    Amber xxx

couldn't smuggle me in your luggage could you amber

haha, too late Mick - i'm not sure there was much room in my one bit of entitled hand luggage weighing no more than 10 pounds and fitting into ryan airs tiny scrooge-esque restrictions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information