Thread: propranolol

propranolol

hi there just recently seen my gp who as upped my does of citalopram to 30 mg and told me to take them on a morning as i was taking them on a night, as adviced by my first gp and havent been sleeping properly for months, he as aslo give me 40mg of propranolol to take when needed but i am a bit wary due to all the side effects does any one have any advice for me thank you xxx

Re: propranolol

Hey Yeah I was the same with my citalopram, hadn't had a proper night's sleep in ages! I 2 was taking them at night - taking them in the morning made a big difference for me!

Before I was prescribed citalopram I was on propranolol and I had no side effects with it at all. Now that I'm on citalopram, I've been told only 2 take the propranolol along with it if I'm feeling really anxious, just 2 take the edge of it. So I wouldn't worry about taking them together

They wouldn't normally give you meds that worked against each other. Ive been taking propranolol for a few years now (80mg) and have recently been told i have an underactive thyroid so now have to also take levothyroxine and i was very worried about taking the two, but i had a chat with the pharmacist and he reassured me it was ok. Ive had no adverse reactions.

Anna x

am also on both cit 40mg and prop 80mg no side effects

Lower doses of propranolol tend not to have side effects, but at higher doses they can sometimes make you tired or give you cold hands and feet.

I'm on 40mg Propranolol twice a day but was only given this dose at weekend they do make me really tired, I get a slight dull headache with them but thats probably with the tiredness and some feeling sick/dizziness the latter two usually wear off after about 30mins to an hour, I think the side effects do eventually wear off alltogether once your body has gotten used to them...i'm hoping anyway because the headache and tiredness are very aggravating especially when I have a 14month old to look after.
    It is less scarey than the anxiety, palpatations and High Blood pressure though so i'm not complaining because they do help to relax me A LOT!

thank you every one, i think im just worrying over nothing just have a niggling doubt about taking propranolol as i had mild asthma as a child and dont want to get any un wanted side effects, i am hoping i will start feeling better now i am taking my citalapram on a morning xxxx

Thread Information