Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Starting 10mg Cipralex

Over a year and a half ago I was on Citalopram (20mg) and came off in August of this year...felt great upto December.

I had a few events that seemed to have set me back a bit, a panic attack related to a feeling of an illness I had that started this whole thing, stresses of the holiday season, major amount of work stress and of course roughly 10 hours of sunlight (much of which was obscured through rain)

So now is day one of taking 10mg Cipralex which my doctors says is a refined version of citalopram....

I am not quite as bad as i was a year and a half ago, I am sleeping well and have moments through the day where I feel fine. The big thing is my appetite, which has decreased signicantly over the last couple of weeks...which of course adds to anxiety / depression by decreasing the serrotonin in your system...(very cyclical events...)

I kept a journal of the first 22 days of my experience with Citalopram, and found reading over these entires I now remember how it wasn't as bad as I had remembered it being, in fact I am hopefull now that within two - three weeks I will be feeling much better (and building on that for the weeks to come)

Some of the things I have done over the last three weeks (when I found myself in this "funk') is getting out for walks and going to the gym, getting friends to listen to my problems and getting back to talking with my therapist.

I actually feel quite well after the gym workout (nothing extreme 20 mins on a cycle and then 20 mins on a treadmill and then if I can I do a 9 station weight circuit which takes less than twenty minutes) I try to do this 3 times a week. So 1 hour three time per week at the gym really does help...If by chance the sun is out then I go for a 45 minute walk, soak in the rays and fresh air, this is something to do as frequent as you can. I try to do it three times a week during lunch hour at work, it helps to destress from work as well...

I am looking at trying to add some meditation to my day, my therapists claims as little as five minutes a day everyday is all you need ...

So this is more like a journal of my experiences, and I hope to keep them positive but truthful too! It is my view that most people on this forum are here because they are struggling with various things, and if I can journal some successes/positives maybe I can help a few people out in the progress.

Good luck everyone, and lets get back to our lives...we all deserve it!

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Hi,

You sound like you are really tackling your difficulties very, very well and undertaking lots of
    activities and positive things to help which is great. I really think those kinds of distractions are esssential along with the meds (I also take 10mg Cipralex!) of course.

I wish you well and keep us posted as to how you are getting on.xxxx

Thanks Debs71, I am trying to stay positive.

Day 2 Cipralex(10mg) - Slept well last night, in fact the evening period was quite alright...I was however very irritable. Found myself being agitated with the kids... I forced some toast and jam into myself, as my appetite is still not there. Although this stems back to before starting the medication (nearly two weeks prior to medication) Although I managed to eat some potato chips later in the evening with my wife...I have to be careful as I love them but know they are not the greatest thing for me. I was using them to try to trigger my appetite to return.

The one thing I have noticed is that this med seems to bother my stomache when I take it...

So far as of Day Two besides the stomache upset I haven't had any side effects yet... In my opinion (which you can take or leave) when people are suffering from anxiety and meds are being used, the list of side effects can be a point of anxiety and then become pychosomatic which causes you to believe the side effects or magnifies the side effects that we are experiencing.... Sometimes I wish they didn't let us kow the possible side effects and then we wouldn't be so anxious on the meds that can help us...

I am not better today (so don't think after two days I am fine) just positive on the fact that I haven't gotten worse (side effects - lack of sleep...etc)

So hang in there all, help is out there just need to seek it out.

Remember, I have been told that there are four things we must do to get by the anxiety:
    1. Exercise (not running marathons, but getting heart rate up for 30 mins at least three times /week)
    2. Proper diet
    3. Spirituality - not saying religion only, it can be more of an emotional outlet. Painting, singing, music, meditation, writing, nature walking, this is a broad category that could be different for everyone...
    4. Peer support, at least once a week a person you can use as a sounding board, to share your frustrations/stresses/happiness with, so you can "Let it out!" as they say...

I promise this is the last of the preaching and my future posts will be more clinical in how I am getting along with the meds....

One important note here, it has been raining and dismayal here for over a month now, being dark when I come to work and dark when I leave to go home. It does seem infectous in that many people in my office don't have the hoiday spirit right now, and overall the feeling is more "blue" as compared to seasons of the past...

Hang in there everyone, lets get to living our lives again!

mmm very interesting to let us know...i like it. im on 10mg cipralex , iv e been on them for 4 months now

Day 3 Didn't sleep as sound as previous nights I also didn't take my 5mg of melatonin just before bed… was testing to see if my sleep progress was coming back.

I did a forty min workout yesterday at the gym and actually had a bit of an apppetite for supper.

Today I feel pretty good and had a smoothie with the medicine which seemed to abate the upset stomach. Or I am adjusting to the meds already.

I am still not myself, but getting there. Again evening time seems to be my best part of the day.

Hope you all are having a better day today.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

Hi
    I have been on 10mg of Cipralex for 2 years, most of the time it takes the edge off any anxiety. I think it keeps things on a more even keel.
    From time to time I have run out for a couple of days and can tell the difference.
    I go swimming a minimum of twice a week and mountain biking at the weekends, I never have any problems sleeping which is great for me and I also do relaxation/Yoga techniques on the ipod and drink camomile tea.
    Hope things work out for you also.
    Mike

Day Four Christmas Day

I took my melatonin again last night, got a good night's sleep and woke with my family and had a wonderful Christmas morning. Still feeling out of it, the best thing I can do to describe it is saying I feel dettached for things. This makes me feel very sad as I have a beautiful family and can't understand why I am having difficulty enjoing them....

Evenings are much better though, last evening we had a great family time....

I am still struggling with no appetite which is the key to me feeling better. If I am eating I know I am getting better...

I am trying to meditate Mike, but I do find it difficult to quiet my mind. No surprise there... but I found an online site that gives you a 6 minutes on guided meditation which I am trying and seems to help me relax at the minimum.

I am hoping the meds kick in soon, as I really don't like the anxiety in the mornings that I am feeling.

Another note: I am quite a bit more irritable which puts some stress on the family.

So that is day four, I am travelling an hour by car to my family gatherings which is going to make for a long day and I am not overly looking forward to it...arghh just seem to want to withdrawal for things lately.

Well Merry Christmas all, hope we are all feeling better soon.

Day Five. Morning time still anxious. Was feeling better being around family yesterday and had some appetite last night. Still struggling in the morning to eat which is when I take my meds.

I am a coffee drinker but have cut back on it a lot is the last few weeks having a cup this morning with a smoothie (fruit and yogurt mixed in a blender)

One side effect I think I am experiencing is a very dry mouth in the morning which I can't seem to fix.

Morning motivation is not here at all....

It is only day five but I am getting impatient for the meds to kick in.

Getting to the gym over the holidays is going to be a challenge.

Trying to stay positive is a challenge as well.....

Hope you all are doing well

hi anxious, i find mornings very difficult too, i go to work cycling which helps me a lot. my main side effect i felt in the first week was difficulty to pee. but thats all

Day five and I seem to be anxious in evening now, which hasn't been the trend at all.

I hope i can get by this soon, I may have been disillusioned in believing I would not get worse before I got better... I have been told it takes 6 to 8 weeks before the meds are stable and at their best effect but with citalopram I saw improvements all along....

Trying to stay positive want to get back to living again.

I felt like a zombie for most of the day today but did eat brunch at a gathering with friends. Seemed dettached from the conversations though, just not my self yet.

Well that is it for now i guess, just needed voice little frustration.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information