Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Day Six doing a little research on escitalopram and I am seeing that most say you start to see results within a week or two. I am now wondering if 10 mg is a strong enough dose as it seems I am much like a zombie for the day and at the evening time I am feeling much better. Of course if could be my impatience to see results....

One of the more concerning side effects is the sexual sides... Decreased libido ... has anyone else has this side effect?

So it is morning again and I am feeling anxious, even after a meditation. Kinda get an about breakfast and taking my medicine. Part of GAD I know but tough...

Oh not sure if I mentioned this one but I wake in the morning with a severe dry mouth and throat. Seen this listed as one of sides too....

Well as you can guess I am still struggling with my anxiety

Hope you all are having a better day today, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious-in-Canada View Post
    Thanks Debs71, I am trying to stay positive.

Day 2 Cipralex(10mg) - Slept well last night, in fact the evening period was quite alright...I was however very irritable. Found myself being agitated with the kids... I forced some toast and jam into myself, as my appetite is still not there. Although this stems back to before starting the medication (nearly two weeks prior to medication) Although I managed to eat some potato chips later in the evening with my wife...I have to be careful as I love them but know they are not the greatest thing for me. I was using them to try to trigger my appetite to return.

The one thing I have noticed is that this med seems to bother my stomache when I take it...

So far as of Day Two besides the stomache upset I haven't had any side effects yet... In my opinion (which you can take or leave) when people are suffering from anxiety and meds are being used, the list of side effects can be a point of anxiety and then become pychosomatic which causes you to believe the side effects or magnifies the side effects that we are experiencing.... Sometimes I wish they didn't let us kow the possible side effects and then we wouldn't be so anxious on the meds that can help us...

I am not better today (so don't think after two days I am fine) just positive on the fact that I haven't gotten worse (side effects - lack of sleep...etc)

So hang in there all, help is out there just need to seek it out.

Remember, I have been told that there are four things we must do to get by the anxiety:
    1. Exercise (not running marathons, but getting heart rate up for 30 mins at least three times /week)
    2. Proper diet
    3. Spirituality - not saying religion only, it can be more of an emotional outlet. Painting, singing, music, meditation, writing, nature walking, this is a broad category that could be different for everyone...
    4. Peer support, at least once a week a person you can use as a sounding board, to share your frustrations/stresses/happiness with, so you can "Let it out!" as they say...

I promise this is the last of the preaching and my future posts will be more clinical in how I am getting along with the meds....

One important note here, it has been raining and dismayal here for over a month now, being dark when I come to work and dark when I leave to go home. It does seem infectous in that many people in my office don't have the hoiday spirit right now, and overall the feeling is more "blue" as compared to seasons of the past...

Hang in there everyone, lets get to living our lives again!
    Couldnt agree with you more on the whole side effects thing ! Thats exactly why i put the leaflet in the bin and didnt read the part on side effects , anxiety can start to manifest these sensations not the drug . I started on cipralex over a week ago , took a half first few days before going to bed , now taking full 10 mg before bed , can honestly say no side effects , but couple of times my mind would start to go into analyse mode looking for any unusual activity , so i resort to distraction mode . Taking them at night to let my system get used to them , then hopefully all being well start taking them in the morning .. Good luck ..

Day Seven last night was great, but the usual morning anxiety is still present. I did eat supper last night and had crackers for a snack so my appetite is ok in the evenings.

I take my meds in the morning which is when I am anxious and have no appetite.

I did my six minutes of meditation this morning and hopefully I can get to the gym today.

I am still taking melatonin to give me a deeper sleep and am considering not taking it to see if I really need it. Just don't want to become dependent upon it in order to sleep.

I hope today brings a better day, for me and all of you!

Hang in there

Day Seven went to the movies with the family got somewhat anxious and then fell asleep for most of it

Hi there, I started 10mg citalopram six days ago and so it's very interesting for me to read your journal, thank you for sharing.
    The symptoms I have in common is the tired zombie feeling. I feel better in the evening too.
    I'll look forward to reading tomorrows entry!
    Good Luck, hope we all feel better soon!

Day Seven debating on whether to stay the course or increase up to 15 mg.

Seems like my progress has been plateaued … has anyone else experienced a plateau this early?

When you say you're reached a plateau, in my experience it can take another week or two to feel substatially better, but if you were planning to have a higher dose than 10 anyway your doc should be able to advise you about increasing. But if you want to see if 10 works leave it for a while.

Day Eight. Thanks Cathy for your advice, ideally i don't want to be on anymore than I have to be. Sticking with 10mg is probably what I will do. I was on 20mg of Citalopram eight months ago which as I understand it is equal to 10 mg of escitalopram (Ciprolex)
    Yesterday was a weird day where I was very anxious in the movie theater and then fell asleep through the movie. I didn't feel like going to the gym so instead got dressed and went for a 45 minute walk on a wintery afternoon.

I had supper, and ate well but appetite is still not there. I do have an appetite it seems once the kids are in bed but this could a comfort time for me as well.

I tested my progress of sleeping but not taking melatonin and fell asleep for several hours but woke up with my mind spinning abit at three in the morning. I took a melatonin then and has a sound sleep until eight. Guess i still need the melatonin which isn't a bad thing as it is a natural substance with no side effects ...

I still have six mode days of holidays before i have to return to work which is why I am concerned about the progress.

It is hard to really judge progress though as your mind tends to spin things around (at least the piece of responsible for anxiety) so until you are actually well enough to feel better you will always have doubts I guess.

I did meditate this morning for six minutes, and it felt great. In fact it is something I look forward to doing each day. Never really considered something like this before but billions of people must get something from it.

Trying to stay positive and get back to living again.

Hang in there everyone and let's get our lives back.

Day Nine. I had a good day yesterday starting with meditation that seemed to help me. A visit with my mother. Didn't seem to have very much anxiety yesterday and went out for a thirty minute walk that really helped me. I was actually back to myself in the evening thinking about writing again (a passion I have had for my whole life)

I decided to test the sleeping thing again, going without melatonin and see whether I can sleep through the night on my own. It is my way of gauging my progress and to my delight I slept reasonably well, a good sign.

I am hopeful that the mess are starting to work, with the exercise and meditation. Just have to work on the bitching moaning and whining outlet. I cant use my wife for this as it will over burden her. So going to have to rely on some friends for this one.

Keeping positive and active is key for me, but also a challenge...

Hope you all are having a great day

Hey it is day full of sun out there today. YAY

Hey Anxious,

I am from Toronto, and like you have been on Cipraplex for about 7 days now.
    I have had some of the side effects but very mild, I have had no issues with sleeping at all, the thing with sleeping I find the melatonin is just a placebo for the anxious mind. Regarding apetite at the beginning I found that i had no appetite at all but then if i put the food in my mouth i was able to eat anyways and enjoy it.

I am happy to hear you feel some improvement in your anxiety it has certainly helped mine and also helped my anger.

cheers.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information