Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Hi Salt

Yeah I too can can eat but the appetite just simply isn't there
    I didn't have anything with the meds this morning and found myself anxious over lunch... I do think they have to be taken with food.

You may be right about the melatonin it is a comfort none the less.

I fell asleep today for an hour in the afternoon, it just seems up and down with this med so I am hoping in a couple of weeks to be more consistent.

Day Ten. Felt really anxious yesterday until later into the evening which seems to be regression so the meds are at least consistent in going up and down from day to day.

Guess I was hoping for more by now.

I did have something to eat with my meds this morning which might make a difference, which I have read in other threads...

We are going skating outdoors today in the sun which I know will be of great benefit.

I did meditate today but had a very active mind and struggled with focusing.

I took melatonin last night and slept very soundly, so much so that my back is stiff from sleeping in one spot.

Over I am still uncertain of the effectiveness/dosage of this drug.... Please tell me I am be impatient or dramatic....

Just want to get back to living again.

Day Eleven felt a little of yesterday but ate ok. I went for a skate in the sunshine which was really nice.

I had a friend stop over and was able to talk over my frustrations with her that was good too.

During the evening I seemed to have not reached my usual calming evening mood. Stayed up a little later than normal to bring in the New Year. When I did try to sleep I wasn't my usual tired self, took 5 mg Melatonin and did eventually fall to sleep with my head being very busy...

I woke up five hours later and was wide awake so I put my Nature Music on my headset and drifted in and out of sleep for a couple more hours. Seem to be rested this morning but I really am confused with the up and downs of this med

I need to see my dr and determine if the dosage is right. Does anyone else have experience with the up and downs on this med? Does it kick in at some point and continue to get better? As it is only eleven days am I being impatient?

Well hoping today is a good day for me and you all n

Happy New Year!!

Im on about my sixth day with cipralex , ups and downs most of the day , and like you seems to calm down in the evening , sleeping ok , though getting out of bed in the morning can be a struggle , maybe because im taking it before i go to bed .

Hey Shorty

That is interesting, is it better to take in the morning or the evening time?

My Pharmacist told me in the morning is the best time... I guess once the drug is leveled out though it doesn't matter just as long as it is taken consistently at the same time....

I a decent day today, went for a power walk in the Sun! Good thing as the next few days don't look that promising .... Had brunch which was good, oh and has a yogurt drink and toast then took my meds ....

Oh and about sleep last night, I ate a bunch of candy a couple hours before bed which probably didn't help with quieting my head... It is so easy to get anxious about things and blame the wrong thing. Guess tonight will tell me the story as I dont plan on eating a bunch of sugar just before bed.

So far my side effects have been: dry mouth ( morning time mostly), a bit of jaw clenching, zombification ( low to medium), tiredness and lack of appetite ( which I had before starting the meds). All in all there hasn't been anything that difficult at all.

My concerns are more for the effectiveness of the medication/ dose than anything else.
    If guessing I would say the dosage/ period of time I have been on it is probably the reason.

I am impatient at the best of times .....

Hang in there and remember that this is a powerful med that can effect everyone
    differently. Side effects are usually temporary and the end goal is much more beneficial to getting back to ourselves.

Thanks for writing this journal AIC

I've been given Cipralex by the GP and so far not taken it as I'm on antibiotics for an infection and didn't want to introduce two new drugs into my body.

I'm in two minds weather to use the Cipralex as I do get some benefit from Inositol and Diazepam. On top of this I do get about two good days a week out of seven which seems a lot better than some people on this forum. I also get good and bad periods during the day so not always down or stressed (worried and anxious)

I had a chat with a mate of mine who is a pharmacist and he said despite all marketing and Internet talk Cipralex and Citalopram will basically provide the same results.

Please continue with the updates and let us know how you are getting on.

All the very best.

The only reason i took it at night was to sleep through any side effects and let the drug get into my system , but thankfully there doesnt seem to much in that side of things , i do get the jaw clenching and bit more tired than usual , probably start taking them in the morning seeing as the side effects are quite minimal . Glad to hear you are getting a bit of sun ! we dont get much over here in scotland , not even in the summer ... Keep up the good work .... paul ..

Day Twelve. I am having a little difficulty with my sleep now where i am not getting tired around bedtime and I take melatonin and sleep for five hours very deeply and then wake up and can't get back to sleep. Seems to have happened over the last couple of days... Although I am probably subconsciously thinking about having to return to work....

I had a good day yesterday but this morning had a bout of anxiety so I got up and did a six minute meditation which calmed me a bit. I am not sure about the full effects of the meditations but they aren't hurting anything....

I still have no appetite at all in the morning, which makes taking the meds hard. It is also difficult preparing breakfast for my children.

Still have dry throat in the morning but read here that when anxious we tend push our tongues against the roof of our mouths. Which I can see I am doing as well as clenching my jaw a bit. So once I am stablized I am sure this will go away, which really makes me think it is more a product of anxiety than side effects of the meds.

I am still thinking the dosage is not enough but I have such a difficult time seeing my doctor as she is always booked up.

Wish I knew the symptoms of not enough medication versus too much... Guess I will have to defer to the experts ( my doctor)

Shorty - no sun, that must be tough. It is amazing how sunshine can lift the spirits. Have you heard of/ tried full spectrum lights? Or light therapy? Apparently it really works for some people. I was going to but funds are a little tight so I have been trying to get in the sun whenever possible... You can buy the full spectrum lighting and use them daily for twenty to forty minute ( not entirely sure of the duration) however they can be costly$$

Well keeping positive I think today is going to be better than yesterday so hang in there and let's enjoy life.

Hi There

With regards to too much meds, I've heard that too much would make someone very lazy and lathargic. I feel you will probably feel better after 2 weeks, definately after 3, and it's at week 4 I was told to see the doc who'll probably suggest an increase if necessary. It's hard to separate anxiety and the meds isn't it! But feeling better is just around the corner for you I'm sure of it. I'm tracking you're progress as I'm on day 11! I hope you still post as you start to feel better to give us all hope!

Cathy

Hi all ! First time taking med in the morning , Didnt feel anything untoward , so all good there . Thats a good point cathy ! it is hard to tell what is anxiety and what is the meds . Ile have a look at the mood lighting things ! Sounds good . I find if i waken early i lie there and cant get back to sleep with all sorts of thoughts going through my mind as well ..

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information