Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Just wanted to say that I've been on Cipralex for four months now and it's been really good for me. I still get anxiety but it's much more manageable and I get far fewer side effects than I did on Seroxat or sertraline.

Good luck to everyone.

Thats good to know lalala thanks.

Day Twelve. Followup : seems my suppertime appetite has begun to return which is a really good sign. Serrotonin is produce in the stomach so once the stomach starts working better you will be feeling better too. At least that is how it works for me.... Of I have to feed it well too!

Did a lot today and only got tired briefly... So maybe things are on the up side....

Day Thirteen I had a pretty good day yesterday with the family. We cleaned up the Christmas decorations, went out for a family swim and I ate fish and chips for supper. The evening was relaxing and I managed only to have a five minute cat nap in the car while my wife went into a shop.

I have a coffee in the morning and then I had a small one in the afternoon which I believe kept me from being too tired and needing that nap. This is good to have discovered as I am going back to work tomorrow and will need to NOT be napping at my desk.

I decided to not take melatonin for sleep last night again for various reasons. When I have taken it I seem to sleep so soundly that I don't move my sleeping position and wake up with a sore back. But if you are having sleeping difficulties that is a small price to pay for five to seven hours of deep sleep! So without the melatonin I went to sleep without difficulty and was having a wonderful sleep until my phone rang at 3:45 in the morning - Wrong Number! Argh that was frustrating.... I then actually got back to sleep some what and at something to seven the phone rings again - Wrong Number! What are the odds of this happening? LOL

The positive is that I would have slept well without any aide last night which is a great sign.

I laid in bed for awhile and tried the deep breathing exercise for this site under the "general anxiety" forum and that seemed to help as after that I did my six minutes of meditation and I seemed to be more at ease...

All in all I am still not quite anxiety free and find the morning the roughest part of the day. I still have the dry mouth / tonge pushed up tension ( again more the fault of anxiety not the meds) no morning appetite and lack of motivation. I also have very little libido which (not to be vulgar) is really unlike me.

Today is miserable out, really dark and raining so get some exercise in may be a challenge today.

I hope you find these posts informational and gain something beneficial from them as I am using them as my outlet as well. I suggest everyone try to journal their experiences as it useful to at least express your thoughts somewhere.

All in all I think the meds are starting to work but they seem to be slower in taking effect than when I was on Citalopram.

Hang in there and have a good day!

Thanks for the update, I found it very encouraging today!
    Cathy

Day thirteen update. Having some anxiety now thinking about having to return to work after ten days off. Worried about the stressful day coming up and worrying about sleeping tonight.... Man I can really get myself wound up.

I will be fine after tomorrow once the day is finished but it is the anxious feeling before that I have to work through.... Regardless of the meds it is really important to have an avenue to deal with the anxiety. Going to try some breathing exercises once the kids are in bed and see if I can calm down a bit.

My wife and I really worked hard today to get the house cleaned and made a huge progress in getting some of the clutter out in the trash.

I do plan to get to the gym tomorrow after work so I hope that helps too.

Guess stress hits me harder now a days and my job is very stressful but also pays the bills. Kind of a necessary evil I guess, but still a major stress point on my life.

Well I have rambled on enough. Just needed to let it out!

hiya loving the diary entries.
    i too on 10mg cipralex due back at work today in a few hours, am petrified the shakes are terrible and the nausea, going in to see the head too, so i can explain whats wrong.i know this will be good for me, but at the moment im in a complete nightmare :(

Seems to be like that for me to ! Felt realy anxiuos yesterday , especialy the usual morning anxiety , thats the worst for me also , think its the the thought of whats the world going to hit me with today . Got up this morning and feel ok so far . My libido is , well where is my libido is a better question !! My girlfriend keeps asking if my mojo has come back yet ! If only !!! .. Hope you have had a good day ...

hi im going to start on my meds tonight i am only on 5mg so hopefully wont get much side effects love your journal ?it has been really helpfull i used to take it years ago ?i hope you get on well at work speak later ?going to get ready for mine ?xx

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information