Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Day Fourteen. Well I wrote an entry last night when I had a high moment of anxiety. After writing it I was lying with my daughter and did the deep breathing exercise for ten minutes. I then felt so tired that I snoozed off and on for almost an hour. After that I felt good again...I need to focus on destressing more as it was completely related to me thinking about going back to work...

I slept well last night (again without the aide of melatonin) and woke up and meditated for my six minutes...which calm me for my shower. Mornings are stressful for me as I have to get the girls up and ready for school (dressed, breakfast and lunches made...) and this can be stressful even more if they want to give me a hard time....

All in all I am still not back to par, the meds are taking some time to work but the plus is that I am working with meditation, relaxation and exercise to help me through the bumps (which is actually a longer term solution)

Still no morning appetite and feeling anxious here at work, dry mouth thingy (anxiety related) and feeling a little tired today...

I am going to try and get an appt to see my doctor and hopefully she can put an expert opinion on my concerns, which I will share.

Have a great day and lets get back to living again.
    Last edited by Anxious-in-Canada; 04-01-11 at 13:09.

Day Fourteen. It is getting near quitting time and I had a busy day but didn't get completely stressed at work. A couple of co-workers commented that I seemed a little more cheerful, which is in comparsion to when I was working before my Christmas break...positive news for sure.

I seem to have developed a bit of a head ache but probably due to working after 10 days off...

My appetite is stil not up to par and I have to make sure I eat something otherwise it could impede my progress.

I plan on going to the gym shortly and do my exercising today, although it is sunny out today. I think this will help my mood as well. So you know, my gym session involves twenty minutes on a stationary bike while watching one of the TVs and them twenty minutes on a treadmill listening to music and then finished with (if I feel up to it) a nine station weight program that takes about 15-20 minutes. So really only an hour...three times a week.

hoping you all are making out well, and I am still seeing progress on the meds it is just coming on slowly....

Wink Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

hi this is day one of my 5mg cipralex? i had to have my freind help me take it ? as i was getting myself so worked up about it ? i took it at 8pm tonight at my work as i work backshift ? i think i am better at work as it keeps my mind off it ? i was on it six years ago but cant remember what it was like ? i know it made be better though? i had a fall six weeks ago and really banged my head really bad and thats what started it up again? then i had urine infection that wouldnt go away ? so i ended up in hospital during xmas ? so that me me worse i cried all day xmas day as it was my grandaugters first xmas and i wasnt there ? ?but enough of thw whinning ? i will beat this ? i hope i dont get too many side effects but will lrt yous know how i get on ? xx

hi anxious what that site you found that gave a 6min rexlaxation guide that you listen to i have just started 5mg cipralex and something else to see me thru not got doc till next wednesday x what is yhe time over in canada ? xs hope this post was not too early ? x

Hi Panic52,

The site is here : http://www.meditationcenter.com/

Under core Meditation I do the Mindfulness Meditation Room where there is a video link where the instructor will guide you through it (about 6 minutes)...I find it useful, give it a try and hopefully it will help you too.

It is 8:24am as I write this post....don't worry about time, I will try to respond as soon as i can to any questions.

Hang in there, things will get better. Your past experience shows you were able to overcome what happened six years ago when you were on the meds before. Stay positive.

Question Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

thank you anxoius i will give it atry later? take care looking forward to reading more posts? i have got a burning sensation on top of my head is that just anxiety
    Last edited by Pcdaft; 05-01-11 at 12:35. Reason: forgot to say?

Day Fifteen. Well today I am very anxious this morning, seem to have the shakes abit...my daughter ended up coming into our bed last night which resulted in a poor sleep, which probably explains more anxiety this morning. I got up early, went downstairs in the living room in the dark and did the breathing exercises for fifteen minutes and then my six minute meditation... i did feel better after this... once the day gets going I am sure things will be good again. The morning lack of appetite is still here though arghh!

Yesterday I went to the gym after work (20 minutes on stationary bike and 20 minutes on treadmill) I felt great after it. I got home and actually had an appetite and ate quite a bit for supper. Had a small stomach ache as this is probably the first biggish meal I have had in a while. Don't want to eat like that all the time but I think I am in need of calories of late...

I am tired this morning, and will have to have a cup of coffee or two today. What are your thoughts on coffee? I kinda have been avoinding coffee but used to be a two cup a day person...has anyone any thoughts on coffee?

It does seem like the meds are not strong enough, as later in the day I am feeling so much better but sometime over the night they wear off til I take them again in the morning...again an unprofessional opinion so Monday I want to run this by my doctor.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my therapist, which I am looking forward to... although I was supposed to do the "Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" I couldn't find it at a couple book stores and am still feeling the money pinch of Christmas....

That is today's post...keep positive and hang in there all!!

Hi Panic52,

It more than likely is anxiety.... the dosage you are on is very low so it should be easier on you for the side effects. Try the breathing exercise posted on this site too, lay comfortably take deep breath through nose hold for 4 seconds and exhale through nose. Do this for as long as you can ten - twenty minutes....it may help you with the burning on top of your head.

Hang in there you will get through this before you know it...

Hi

I have always heard coffee was bad for anxiety as is anything with caffeine.

Good luck with the therapist.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy, I actually looked it up online and you are right. Caffeine can act as a trigger to anxiety, it is not a cause directly but triggers the anxious thoughts which with anxiety sufferers starts the "Anxiety Cycle"

Of course in moderation caffeine is OK, as everyone reacts differently to stimulants ... of course knowing the what moderation is can be a challenge too. It could be half a cup for some or two cups for others... I think I am going to try and cut back on it. I have already decreased to one cup/day, maybe I will go half decaf and regular for a little while and see if that helps as well.

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information