Thread: Dental Pain

Unhappy Dental Pain

I've been psyching myself up to have a relatively small filling on a tooth - I've written several times here about how panicky I get at the dentist (or anywhere!). I managed to keep my appointment yesterday, heart racing. I said I didn't want an injection but the pain was so bad the dentist couldn't even start drilling so I had the injection - not afraid of needles, but of the numb feeling. My husband was with me which helped. My dentist isn't overfriendly with phobics but lovely with 'ordinary people' so that upset me a bit. He said I'd have to have it done in hospital if I wouldn't let him so, because of the pain I've been having, I saw it through. I was SO proud of myself...............so, I hear you ask, what's the problem? I STILL have the pain today and now I'm worried because I might have made him nervous and he's made a mistake.......he really doesn't 'do' nerves well. If the cavity is filled, should I still have pain? I can't face going back to have it redone or have it out - although he did say it wasn't a bad cavity.

Any ideas........please??

Re: Dental Pain

...............anyone??

Hi
    Its not unusual to have pain after a filling. should go within 48hours ish, take pain killers

I would give it some time. You also had an injection. Probably you need a week or so to get back to normal. Good luck

Thread Information