Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Negative Thoughts

Unhappy Random Negative Thoughts

Hi all,

The title is only part of the problem. I've been 'anxiety free' and off meds since April but I'm afraid it's creeping back.

It started a few days ago with thoughts of feeling really fed up and down - nothing to look forward to and feeling like something bad was about to happen. Then it was tiredness with the slight light headed feeling on and off (which I know is stress as I had this before). I feel like I just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep, like shut down from it.

I've got two more days at work then I finish for christmas day and boxing day. I've got a slight lump-in-throat feeling (had this before) and sometimes I feel worried and I don't know why, like I want someone to tell me everything is going to be ok.

Some of the thoughts I've been getting are like if I'm walking down the stairs - thought of what would happen if I fell?
    Watching TV - thought of what if gunmen broke into the house right now?
    Watching bad news - thought of what if that happened to me?
    Going out in the car - thought of what if I crash?

It's annoying me now and when I'm distracted say at work or busy at home It's not so bad. I suppose I have been anxious about christmas with all the organising and stuff. The other night I couldn't sleep because of different thoughts going through my head.

When I'm like this any little twinge or pain is something serious! As I've been through all this before I know I can beat it and it's not going to ruin my christmas! I've only had baths instead of showers so I can lay and have a flippin' good cry!

Tanya xx

Re: Random Negative Thoughts

Hi Tanya
    I'm too feeling like this at the moment. I am putting it down to it being Christmas and lots going on.
    My mind races and I worry my anxiety/depression is getting worse again. I just want to shut myself away from everything and everyone.
    I'm hoping it is just a phase that will pass - your not alone

Thank you for replying. It is comforting to know there's others out there the same. I feel so tired and overwhelmed. Now waiting for my shopping to be delivered then I've got to pack it all away!! Then bed!

xx

Your not alone. I feel tired all the time too. I get uptight and wound up at simple jobs that I normally wouldnt think twice about at the moment.
    I'm sure it will pass - coming on here reassures me that I'm not alone and things do get better

Ur definatly not alone.i have these thoughts everyday

Hey Tanya,

You sound similar to me! I've learnt that the bad thoughts you talked about that I also experienced are called catastrophising. I've been working dam hard on getting on top of all this poxy anxiety and feel that I could be winning so far - as you said, once you know you can beat it, next time round it should be that much less difficult to do again.... X

Definately a better day today! No anxiety at all! How weird, sometimes I think I've been taken over by aliens or something!!?

xx

Hi Tanya,

Yes, ‘catastrophising’, as happycamper very aptly put it

Something you could try if you ever find yourself troubled by thoughts like that is to ask yourself questions like:
    Has it ever happened before?
    How likely is it to happen now?
    The answers to questions like those can help get things back into perspective again.

Take care
    Nigel

Yeah, it's interesting, never heard it called catastrophising before! I do it loads when I'm feeling anxious but the worst thing for me is feeling light headed! A couple of years ago it ruined my christmas as I convinced myself I'd got a brain tumour after Googling!! Finally plucked up the courage to go to my doctor and it was anxiety brought on by PTSD! This was 2007 and I've been off Prozac since April this year so I'm not letting it beat me!!

xx

I am exactly the same and i often think of it starting as a snow flake and ending as an avalanche !!!!! stay well xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information