Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need bringing back down to earth

Need bringing back down to earth

I've been trying to be really calm and rational about the way I feel but today it has just gone completely out of control.

I've had the heaviness in my left leg and arm nearly all day to varying degrees and I've had a headache on and off. I also keep going really lightheaded as though I will pass out or collapse.

I started doing some research on migraines as the dr suggested I could be having these. But in the info I read, I also read about things like strokes, TIA's and aneurysms. So guess what I've scared myself silly that I have something like this.

Meg (no offence anyone else) you are probably the person to bring me back down to earth.

I started thinking TIA cos I had these feelings come on for the first time very suddenly last June. They lasted for about an afternoon. Can't remember if I had a headache with it but at the time was worried I'd had a stroke. Then after a few months I got the odd heavy sensation in my leg but only on the odd day. In the last month or so it has got more and more until it's everyday.As you know and I'm getting more irrational.

Meg you know I had an EEG in September, would any of these complaints have shown up on that at all or even if they had would it have been too long ago now

I just keep getting really scared because of the strange feelings in my head like I'm just going to keel over. I can't even talk to anyone at work, cos I can't concentrate and need to sit down all the time.

Right enough, I know I'm wallowing, need to be more positive.
    Have CBT in an hour so hopefully that will help. Though last week I felt dreadful on the way there and was in such a state by the time I saw the therapist that she had to get me deep breathing for ages. I have never been so hot in my life. It must have lasted for about forty five minutes

Sorry for being such a pain, hope you all are ok

Jules

Hi Jules,

So many things can present with so many problems and symptoms.
    Migraines are one of these things.

TIA's also hav eother symptoms that you hav enever mentioned having at all. I know it's easy to keep trying to find something to explain all these symptoms but in fact they do get worse when you're stressed or worried - linking them to anxiety more.

You could take Omega 3's and Vit E which wil both help keep your blood a bit thinner and see if that helps at all. Aftre all a TIA is a clot that gets temporarily stuck. Why would you hav ethick bood or narrow vessels when really you're healthy.

Th ebit I'm not hearing is a deterioration or progression , just an increase in the frequency the frequency which when yuou're dwelling on it isn't suprising.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Jules,

If its any consolation I too have been plagued with horrible sensations like you over the last 3/4 weeks. I have been diagnosed with migraine last year due to reoccuring headaches on one side of my head, dizziness, nausea etc although I am going for an MRI scan next week to rule all other possibilities.

Anyway, over the last few weeks I have had terrible mouth tingling, numbness in my limbs, weakness, dizziness, nausea, weird sensations in my head and a horrible taste in my mouth which makes me feel really sick. I have thought all sorts of terrible things..like a stroke, brain tumour, anuyerism, epilepsy etc...

I am terrified that there is something seriously wrong with my brain..afterall I dont think that I should be getting migraines everyday. Everything I have read on migraine says that a migraine only lasts 3/4 days at the most and that aura symptoms only preceed the migraine but mine are here all day everyday. Plus I get aura mostly and usually without the headache and apparently, so I have read, this is not a good sign and usually one when there is some other cause to your headaches!!!! But what can it be????

I am trying so hard not to worry about it as I know it just makes matter worse but its so hard. Does anyone else feel like me? Does anyone know of a migraine site similar to this one where I can chat to others who experience similar symptoms as maybe that will put my mind at rest.

My migraines/headaches or whatever are really getting me down. I am trying just to live life normally but I just feel so 'ill' all the time.

Can anyone help?

sadie

Sadie

I too get all of the symptoms that you get and all of the time. Some days I only get the aura feeling and not much of a headache. I also keep getting blurred vision in the corner of one eye. Usually it't the left but occasionally the right. This morning I must have had it six times for a few seconds within an hour. It has really worried. I feel so dizzy and off balance and even as I type my left arm aches and feels stiff. I just keep feeling like i will pass out all the time. My head is killing at the moment. I fell asleep downstairs last night and woke up with a really bad headache and then my eyes started going hazy. I went to bed and the headache eased but has come on again today.

Let me know how you get on. I'm worried now that I should have an MRI. I've had blurred vision in my left eye months ago on and off but not as much as I have now. The dr at A and E looked in my eyes in february. Surely he would have seen if there was anything to worry about, such as a swollen optic nerve.

Nothing I take touches the headaches. I hate this so much
    Julie

Julie,

When the doctor looked in your eye they can pick up any serious things going on in your head, so they fact they didnt spot something is good news.

I think we both suffer from migraines as well as the anxiety. When you include all the ysmptoms of both...no wonder you and I feel so crapy most of the time. I just wish I new what was causing my migraines so i could do something positive about it. I do think my 'menstural' cycle has some part to play as well as stress. I get a lot of neck tension etc which I think causes a lot of problems. Oh and I think I crunch my teeth quite a bit during my sleep too!!!! no wonder I suffer headaches/migraines.

If you are really worried about your headaches/migraines you can ask your GP to investigate it further for you. Im going because I do seem to get migraines quite a bit..and when I was refered they were ruining my life due to the constant 'aura' symptoms.

What to remember Julie is that anxiety can cause blurred vision etc. I used to suffer this symptom terrribly when I first became anxious. It is also a symptom of migraine too!! My right gets quite blurry from time to time as my left eye is lazy and the right eye does most of the work..eventually it too becomes tired. When did you last get your eyes tested?

Today I woke up with a migraine, which passed after about 1 hour, then I got tingling in my mouth about I hour later and then that passed and at the moment so far, I feel ok. Lets hope I feel ok for the rest of this day.

Take care Julie and if you ever need to talk you know Im here and I understand.

sadie

Hiya Sadie and Julie,

I suffered from migraines from the age of 10 up until 16.

Mine used to start with the flashing lights and I then used to get the half vision.

This would then pass to be replaced with numbness which started in the left foot and worked its way all round the left side, over the top of my head and then down the right hand side of my body.

During this time, my mouth also used to go numb and I couldn't speak at all, which was very scary.

After the numbness passed, I then got the thumping headache and nausea which lasted usually for 3 days.

I used to get a migraine once or twice a month. Mine would also sometimes be triggered by flashing lights. The flash from a camera would be enough for one to start.

Although the full blown migraine ceased when I was 16, I also had several when I was pregnant which lead me to believe that they were hormone related.

I now just get the thumping headache from time to time without all the other symptoms. But I find that the headaches almost always occur when I'm very stressed or anxious.

So, try not to worry too much, I'm sure that all the symptoms are due to migraines with the added "bonus" of anxiety!!!

Take care both

Kate x

It is only natural you are going to think the worst case senario, it is what us panic sufferers do best.
    Most of the symptoms we suffer with, the chest pains, aching limbs, shortness of breath, would normally mean we are dying of something terrible, so Mr Panic gives you these symptoms just to give you something else to worry about.

I hate the whole migraine thing. Used to be convinced I was having a stroke. Flashing lights, half vision, numb hands, numb face, can't talk, and a pain that is like someone driving a six inch nail through your head, If I was lucky I wouldn't through up.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

this is what I have been going through for about a week now. headaches coming and going
    neck pain, tightness in my shoulders. Blurred vision that is off and on. With and without
    my glasses. When i get blurred i get slightly dizzy and then panic and feel like i am going to be sick. I have taken a lorazapan and got up and walked or kept busy and it does subside.
    The only thing i think about is anorisism, blood clot and stroke. Our minds run in the fast lane.

Trina

Trina

Hi Trina & Stimpy

Thanks for your replies, it helps to know that your not the only one that has felt like you and have lived through it ok!!

Hope your both well.

sadie

The neck pain, shoulder tightness and dizziness are all classic symptoms of anxiety. The blurred vision, now I've never heard of that one.
    But then again Mr Panic does like to find new ways of making us worry about stuff.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information