Thread: Please help, advice needed

Please help, advice needed

Hi there,

I realise that my problem is not as awful as others but I really need to talk to others who know how i feel. about 2 months ago, i was attacked, luckily I was not raped as it was a busy area and the guy ran away. I just cannot get over it, I have had to deal with **** in my life before and just got on with it, but I just cannot deal with this. I was not entirely sexually assaluted but I was thretened with my life and now I am a complete mess. I cannot sleep and drink a bottle of vodka to get me to sleep. But my most distirbing acion is that I am starting to cut myself. I have always been happy in control of my life but now I feel completely lost. Any advice or similar stories would be appreciarted as i just feel so alone.

hi and welcome
    im sorry you had to go throught the ordeal of that

i use to cut my self hun and i got told by one of the others on here to see if i can do other things and they gave me another example for getting the anger out
    they said crush ice cubes instead of cutting
    i have tried that and it has stopped me from cutting
    aslo you could try counselling aswell it may help or may not

try and see your doc and see if they can help you aswell
    but the main thing is that theres always someone about to talk to on here
    which is a great help
    and you will make many friends and get plenty of avices aswell

bell xx

Get yourself some help via a counsellor or GP.

Sometimes you really need help with this and its too hard to do with self help

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Thank you for the replies. I'll definately try the ice cubes but I think I cut to make pain somewhere else on my body so it takes the pain away from inside. Does this make sense?!
    I have booked an appointment with my doctor next week so fingers crossed I will get through this. Thank you for the support,it really does help.

Hi Pink

Counselling would be a great help to you so you can talk about how you are feeling and what you have experienced.

As for self harm, I know where you are coming from as I used to S/H in order to feel physical pain as that was better than how I felt inside. I didnt cut but would punch myself with any object I could find until I bruised. It became my coping technique but it is not the most positive way to deal with things.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hello Pink, I suggest you look into EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique. This technique gets great results with PTSD.

Check out www.emofree.com

or read this article at http://www.energytraumatreatment.com

This wonderful tool doesn't alter the memory, but it removes the emotion attached to it....

Take care

Carl

Hi hun

What you have being through is horrendous and i will help you all i can. Dont punish yourself for what you had no control over. How you have coped so far is admirable to you and whatever we can do to help we will.

I have worked with people that have suffered like you and if i can offer anymore support i will. Feel free to pm me and i am thinking about you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information