Thread: Hi please help save my christmas

Hi please help save my christmas

Hello everyone and Happy Christmas

I am new here but reading your posts feel at home already.
    my problem is when i have any illness i always convince myself that it is always serious, and it always ends up being nothing and going away by itself in the end.
    But here i am again this time i have been suffering with acid reflux and stitch pains in the top of my stomach. My doctor told me it could be that i have put a few pounds on as he puts it and given me tablets to help, but of course i have googled for days and now convinced myself i have the big c and now can not think of any thing else and i am so mad at myself because i was so looking forward to xmas and now this fear has taken over.
    Can anyone please offer me any help??

Hi nicky the nervous

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi please help save my christmas

Hi and welcome
    What can I say you know your doc is right as do a lot of folk on here who post similar in the health anxiety section but our minds don’t work like that. Christmas is a stressful time anyway and those of us who carry the millstone feel it more than others, I generally get ‘ill’ at xmas and this year is no different but so far I am just about controlling it but there are moments it is slipping from my grasp and it is taking a lot of effort to real it in. Role on Monday and in the mean time trust your doc and if you feel things are getting on top of you post here again for reassurance but I can guarantee you are not alone by a long stretch.

Re: Hi please help save my christmas

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Thread Information