Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: medication advice

Re: medication advice

Thanks Cathy, I only took 20 on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, took only 10 today and actually feel a bit better and I've not need to take the dizapan today as an extra, which I'm chuffed about. Getting up straight away is the answer, as my panic is worse first thing in the morning, I seem to get better as the day goes on. I'm like you and try and do as much to distract myself, so did a load of ironing and hit the shops this afternoon which helped and I feel relaxed for the first time in days tonight.
    Tomorrow is another day and you have to take the good with the bad, what I've learnt is take each day at a time, if I don't get such a good day tomorrow not to be disheartened just go with the flow. Its the dread and fear of these bouts of extreme anxiety and panic that feed them and let them get a hold of us and stay with us.
    My first panic attack was at 13, then I had another bad spell at 21 and was free for the next 20 years !!? the bad bout I had two years ago came on when I was on holiday in Portugal. I have always had a phobia of being away from home and it just hit me. Its only that time that I actually took medication, I was always scarred to in the past but now I think what the heck, if I was diabetic or suffered with my blood pressure I would'nt think twice about it !! and wants it gets past the two week period I know I'll feel "Normal" again !

Hi HVC
    Glad you felt a bit better. It's great that you didn't need dizapan that day! I'm glad it's christmas as there's so much going on it's slightly easier to be distracted!
    You're right about taking it a day at a time, I have to remind myself of that alot! I share you're opinion about it being the same as a diabetic taking meds too. I suffered for 10 years after first having and extreem bout of anxiety, I was living my life but it could have been better. It wasn't until I had a second serious bout 5 years ago that I took the meds I was so scared of. I was much better after a few weeks, and I'm hoping the same will happen this time. I'm on day 6 now, so nearly a week done! I've got to go back to college around when you go back to work so I'm hoping to be better enough to make it. I have a phobia of being away from a safe place, but that depends on my general anxiety levels. I usually find if I go for it I'm better than I think.
    Good Luck, I hope you let us know how you're getting on.

Yes Cathy, I am positive it will work for the both of us your on day 6 and I'm on day 4, we're getting there.

Didn't feel as good today as yesterday but then I didn't have so much to distract me and that always helps a great deal. I'm like you I can feel the panic going through me but I've learnt over the years to let the feeling pass and just go with it, not that its a very pleasant but its temporary and we will be free in no time.. !!
    I've been for a nice walk this evening as I didn't sleep to well last night. I'm going to try some horlicks and a hot bath later as I don't like taking sleeping pills. In my experience they made me feel really groggy the next day which only adds to me feeling low and edgy.

Keep in touch.
    Helen x

Welcome to the forum

It can take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to Cit, so you may be in for a little bit of a ride. That's OK though, it's definitely worth it in the long run and it's much easier to cope with when you know it's the side effects and they will soon pass.

Chris

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

yes you're right Chris, I know I will feel better in a little while and two weeks in the scheme of things isn't too long (although at the moment every day seems like an eternity!!) mornings are the worse for my panicks but it seems to wear of by the night, although I remain somewhat anxious

Helen

Hi Helen, glad youre doin OK. day 1 on 20mg has gone ok so far for me. Hope you have a goo day tomorrow x

thanks familymatters, I'm so pleased you've had a good day, and these will become more frequent and the bad ones less and less in no time at all.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow to .. keep in touch

Helen x

Hi Helen

How did you sleep last night? Did the nice routine work? Walking round the block even just for 10 mins really helps me alot. It's probably the thing that lifts me the most. Especially if I'm listening to radio or music too.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Yes went for a lovely walk in the fresh air then a hot bath and a horlicks.. woke on and off through the night but not panicky. My husband got up for work about 6 and I managed to get back to sleep for a couple of hours, woke up and lay there for about half an hour before kicking my butt out of bed and going to the gym.

I'm not there yet but feel I'm getting closer.. still feel grogy and slightly anxious but I can put that down to the meds.

How are you feeling today ?? x

Thanks for asking Helen, I've had quite a good day. Groggy from the meds like you, if I don't move about for a while I get all sleepy but don't actually sleep. I went to the shops this afternoon and wasn't anxious as I thought I'd be, just a bit woozy but could carry on as normal. I wasn't there long as hubby was waiting in the car, but I enjoyed the buzz of rushing about which I think might be my problem in life - addicted to the buzz off adrenaline and stress, then I crash!!! Do you have this?

Hope you sleep well tonight.

Cathy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information