Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: medication advice

Re: medication advice

Back again!

I went to college today even though I was worried about it!

Back to your post;
    It was touching to read about your Dad, these things can affect you for years. I wish you could find a way of making peace with your issue of wanting to say thank you. Have you read about doing things like writing a letter to him or imagining your talking to him? This might not be your thing but I just wondered if it would help. Sounds like you need closure - to use an American term!
    What I did recently was imagine what I'd do, as the adult I am now, with the scared 17 year old girl I once was when I left home. It made me realise that I wasn't that person anymore, I m a responsible, trustworthy, strong mother. It's helped me feel less vulnerable and be kinder to myself.

I've thought the same as you about the vivid imaginations and artistic temperament! Even my son made a comment about himself realising he was good at making up stories because he had a good imagination, but the downside was he imagines monsters are about in the dark!!

Right now I do feel like I will walk to the school alone soon! And you'll go on holiday. I've no doubt about it.

Hope you have a good week at work.

Cathy X

Hi Cathy,

Its been a while, I've managed to get back to work and apart from some ropey moments it wasn't too bad. Not felt so great today, but its been windy and rainy all day and that doesn't help !

Been one week on 40mg and having some good times and some not so good times but nowhere as bad as I was. I'm going to ring around tomorrow some CBT therapists in my area and start having some sessions with them.

How have things been with you ?

Helen xx

Hi

I'm getting on okay thanks. I've been on 20 for just over a couple of weeks and they still make me feel dopey and tired! But I can still manage to do what I need to. On 10 it took into the third week for the side effects to go off.
    The family were round tonight wanting to arrange a holiday this summer to see our parents in France. The last ime I went, last August, my youngest had bad allergies and I was worried and I had a terrible flight back. So although I want to go (my son does too even with the allergies) I'm apprehensive, I know you understand! I'll have to grit my teeth and bear it. I'm sure it won't be so bad with the medication to help. If I considered taking diazapam how does it make you feel? Just one more week of college and I can rest up for half term!
    Good luck with the CBT people.

Hope you have a good week.

Cathy

I forgot to say that I was reading the article on this website about the symptoms, and since then I've been telling myself I need to rest my nervous system, that all the symptoms I have are just my oversensitised nevous system and then I don't worry about it. It seems to work for now. Also do you find that you memory isn't so good on these meds? I find I forget what I was just going to say or do. And I put weight on last time did you?

Hi Helen

I was wondering if you were doing well since you haven't posted for a while. I had a set back this week after a deadline at college and my third cold in two months!

Cathy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information