Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im scared

Jade,

You really need to speak to someone in school or a relative who can make everyne else understand what you are going through. One of your teachers MUST be able to help. have you got a guidance teacher? Can you write everything down that you are experiencing so you can just hand it to a teacher instead of having to explain verbally to them?

How did you get on today?

Can you go to the doctors yourself (i don't know if an adult would have to accompany you?)
    What about a health visitor I know they deal with families with children under 5 but I'm POSITIVE they could help you. Even get a phone no from your local doctors surgery and phone a health visitor.

Lucky

luthien- It is very hard, i cant sleep at night, execially on sudays, and ur right, u cant just take a dep breathe and walk in.

lucky- im too young to see a doctor on my own and im very shy when it comes to talking to people who i dont know on the phone. i cant see anyone at school, they dont know nowt about panic attacks so really they cant help, nor understand.

thanx for the advise

jade

My dear Jade, I have first hand experience of this because my son was school phobic from the day he first started school, to the day he left. It is a very long story, but I used to watch him shake on the pavement before he went in to school, and after many years of telling him to face his fears, of having behavioural therapy and being cross with him, he finally fell to the ground and I took him home, and never took him back.
    He can't tell me what frightened him, but I am just so sorry I pushed him through it for so many years. It might help you to know that my son studied what he could at home (although even the sight of school work made him very unhappy) and he managed to pass 5 GCSE's. He "officially" left school last year and he now has a job and is the happiest boy alive. I was worried his phobia would extend to other things, but this has not been the case.
    I know your parents don't understand, but you don't have to struggle on alone. There is a huge network of people who can help you - we had everyone from counsellors to doctors through our door.
    And by the way, you are not too young to see a doctor on your own. My son went often to our kind doctor on his own (he is only 16 now) who wrote to the school on his behalf.
    We are all behind you Jade.
    Christine

hiya jade...just returend to the forum after lookin in a while back and never returning...sorry nicola...

anyways....i used to be very simular when i was younger...
    i made a real mess of school....big style...but that was down to my anxiety....i couldnt do with not being able to escape....to get away from the limelight when i wanted...i used to vomit very badly b4 school, i wouldnt go to school, and i had to be forced 2 go, even tho my parents understood my probs..as best they could, i also used to make myself go to the loo, as i felt like i needed to go all the time i was that wound up...(still have this problem whenever i'm anxious now...which is a lot of the time..lol..)

how about this for an idea...when i was at shcool, it was agreed and done so that i could walk out of a classroom whenever i wanted to....say for the loo, without any teacher questioning me...

could u not get together with the headteacher, your parents and see if something like this could be set up...this way it mey relax you into knowing u can leave whenever u need to...for a quick break...
    just knowing this may help u feel a bit more calmer during the day...

hope a little bit helpful.

chris x

Hiya Jade,

Great idea from Chris, Jade!

This would lift a lot of the worry from you if you knew you could just "escape" when you needed to without having to draw attention to yourself.

Worth a go eh?

Kate x

chris - you are forgiven - I see you are making up for it now - lol

Great idea about being allowed to just walk out etc.

Nicola

i had a work with my mum, she said NO to walkin out and seein someone at skool, she also wont let me see a doc

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! (ripping hair out of my head)

jade

Hi Jade, im not too sure how old you are exactly but if your 16 or over it becomes your decision to see a doctor or not, and full patient confidentiality comes in at 16, so if you wanted to you could see the doctor without her having to know. (Im not suggesting anyone should lie to there parents or keep things from them, but in this case it might be for the best)

Stay strong and well done, you are dealing with all of this a lot better than i would have done when i was at school.

River.

i have this thing that i have to tell my mum everythin, i cant lie to her, or go behid er back

scooter girl

is there a techer/tutor at school who u feel comfortable with?

sound like mum is trying to control u a wee bit...

this is obv important to you and is makin life hard work for u..
    i would go talk to the teacher/tutor at school who u get on best with and have a chat with them....tell them how u are strugglin with a few items, and altho its hard for you , you dont want it to affect your school career.

not everyone is against you chuck..

best of luck..chris x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information