Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breathing problem?

Re: Breathing problem?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    When I get panicky I don't seem to get full blown attacks now just episodes where my breathing shallows, I start gasping bits of air and burping...had a 10 min panic attack then started burping for 5 mins all the air..

Anybody else get this? Also feels gunky at the back of my nose and feel maybe the air will get trapped or something?
    Your not alone hun im struggling with breathing at mo its awful finding it hard to distrate myself from it this is the worse symptom

Quote Originally Posted by anx mum View Post
    Your not alone hun im struggling with breathing at mo its awful finding it hard to distrate myself from it this is the worse symptom
    Might try the fan im exactly the same phil and got a sore chest

I've been burping more than usual..I get it when this symptom comes but this is the first time it's lasted constant for days..

Have either of you tried the abdominal breathing techniques I suggested?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I also emember that when i had very very strong physical anxiety symptoms they were always coming in Phases, like you are saying phill and mam. O e symptom would dominate over the others for days on a row. It could be breathing, headacke, palpitations, indigest, obsess thinking and etc.
    One would come another would go.
    I have man of them at the momwnt as well all togeher, and thinking about them fuels and feeds anxiety.

I'm worried it's something like asthma as I'm short of breath all day and taking little bursts of air and burping..

Sounds like you are air swallowing then Phil

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Think I've already posted this on one of your other threads a while ago but thought I'd jus tell you again cuz it might put your mind at rest. Shortness of breath due to asthma and shortness of breath due to anxiety feel totally different. I've experienced both and it does sound to me like yours is anxiety enduced.

I had bad asthma as a child and my mum has it really bad, asthma is usually accompanied by a lot of wheezing and you can actually hear the difficulty asthma sufferers have in breathing sometimes. I can always hear my mum breathing, even when she's just sitting down or lying down. Nicola's right, you're probably just air swallowing. x

I feel all gunked up at the back of my throat and short of breath like I can't breathe is it anxiety?

It's like a funny tight feeling like I can't get air in my mouth or there's something trapped..

Is this normal?

It’s been a while since I posted this but the breathing and panic attacks are my main symptom. Just can’t shake this anxiety off i become so focused on breathing shallowing air which makes me burp anybody else have this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information