Thread: Marina Coil out and Copper Coil in.

Marina Coil out and Copper Coil in.

Hi everyone.. Merry Christmas.

Im worried. In septemeber I decided to give the marina coil a try. I was having heavy long periods. So on the 14th of sept this year I had it fitted with very little discomfort.

My period that I was on at the time.. just stopped the next day. The following month my usual 29th day.. I started and it was next to nothing.. I was pleased as punch.. mind you.. the side affects of the marina were not so good.

Anyway.. I carried on and the following month.. same..29 days.. nothing much and only lasted couple of days.. only thing is.. 17 days later after my second period.. I started to bleed.. and it kept going and going...

i decided to have it removed. and the copper one (the one I had before) put back in. so on the 6th of december this month.. the doctor took it out and put the copper one in... by this time I had been bleeding for 17 days and I carried on.. much more heavier after the copper one was put in for another five and then it stopped..

so I thought right.. thats it.. i should get back to normal now .. and start next month.. although I really didnt know if.. it would come in dec as i did start in nov. But.. Merry Christmas Nicky... I started bleeding on the 23rd of dec.. its now the 28th and yesterday and today are really heavy..so I dont know what to think.

Basically... nov I started yearly.. only 17 days after last one... and had the copper one put inbetween but the bleeding.. it carried on until about the 10th of dec... and then i have started again on the 23rd of dec... has the marina messed my cycle up?

im worried its something else but i do have regular smear tests. I keep telling myself that I had no problems until had that flippin marina put in... i should of stuck with my copper coil.

Just wanted to know if anyone had something similar.. doctors are shut and im worried.

Re: Marina Coil out and Copper Coil in.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. The marina is the one with hormones, right? If it is i had one a few years ago and it took my periods ages to go back right (i had it for over a year so my periods had completely stopped) so i'd think it'll take a while for yours to settle even though you didn't have it in for long.

Also worrying about periods always seems to make them irregular :-)

Hi thankyou for your reply. I called the doctor day before yesterday and she said that she wasnt worried about it and probs because the Marina thinned the wall of my womb right down that when I had the copper coil put in it thickened up again. She did say if it happens next month she might consider me taking it out and just seeing if it is me. I asked her what she meant and and she said just to make sure its not fibroids or something. But i keep telling myself..i was fine ... i had regular 29 day cycle before I had the marina fitted so its got to be that.

yeah if you were regular before it's unlikely to be anything except the marina :-)

Give it time to settle in. Mine took about 6 months and it is one of the best things i ever did .... patience

if it make you feeli any better, a few years ago i was taking the progesterone only pill, which i believe is the same hormone that the coil is impregnated with. i had bleeds that lasted 3 weeks or more. needless to say i came off it because it was unbearable, but i was fine there was nothing wrong we me, it just didnt agree with my body
    xx

hi guys.. well the bleeding finally stopped on the 31st of Dec...A little longer than usual.. I had ovulation pain on the 4th of january so I am hoping that my next period will be at the right time. Thanks for your advice it is much appreciated.xx

OHHH here we go again.. im worried sick. Not slept in days... and I googled. The bleeding stopped so I think it was a normal period... I should be due my period next thurs so this is good to go this long. BUT... I had ovulation pain on the 4th of jan which worked out right Because my first day was on the 23rd of dec.. im a 29 day girl so day 4 or 5 jan would be about right yes? But... since then .. on and off Ive had that tendor ovulation pain in my left side.. yesterday more so.. at the moment i have a pain next to my tummy button... i googled.. which i know.. i should not have done but im scared stiff now I have something really wrong with my ovaries.

I never had anything wrong with me until i had that damn mirena put in. I have always had ovulation pain about 14th day of cycle since i was 25 .. but to have it most of the month.. never. Just to remind you .. i had the mirena removed 6th dec..and i haad already been bleeding since 21st of nov... it stopped five days after mirena was removed and then started again on the 23rd of dec .. so ive gone 22 days with all clear so far.. but this ovulation pain is worrying me.

Thread Information