Thread: Fear Of Having An Aneurysm

Fear Of Having An Aneurysm

Hello there

this is my first post in a long long time- Because i avoided Typing in my symtoms online.

please is somone willing to help me. im 17 and male.

Since I was little - still happends now from time to time - i was watching a christmas family movie and the ending was very sad and heartwarming and at the ending of some films my head starts to get numb and my hair spikes up and sometimes i cant feel my head. my cheaks go cold. this lasts for about 5 seconds max. no dizzyness only when sitting.

its abit like when somone scares you half to death and the head goes numb and the hair spikes up.

i also have been having symtoms like when i stand up, or walk, and move my head left or right - my head gets numb and i feel a little dizzy - not enough to wobble me or make me fall over tho.

i allso get hot red flashes in my eyes and somtimes its blurry. the dizzyness lasts a few seconds - it happends randomly - it only happends when i am standing.

I dont have headaches and pains, i dont have pain when i move my eyes or blink.

this dizzyness when standing first happend when i was loosing weight - it happends when i wake up and get out of bed.

im now skinny and really cold most of the times. my hand is cold - only ate 3 meals a day.

im upping my food intake now - because im soo scared im going to die and if i have an aneurysm it might pop.

I didnt have multi vitamins - i eat my fruit and vegetables lots of times - i mostly have pure orange juice and Cranberry juice and sometimes have cranberry cerials.

its so cold i wear 2 socks, 3 jumpers and a tshirt, a woolly hat and scarf indoors and in bed but not allways - as soon as the heater turnes off im cold withing 5 minutes.

also i sometimes hear random mind chatter just as im about to drift of too sleep.

what is wrong with me.

I am need in some reasurence please

has anyone ever had somthing like this before?

is it an Aneurysm

Thank You
    Last edited by JustBenn; 28-12-10 at 23:17.

Re: Fear Of Having An Aneurysm

The dizziness sounds like blood pressure to me.
    Ive you move too quickly or anything like that, it can change your blood pressure and cause you to experience the symptoms that you are describing!
    In relation to the symptoms you got when watching the film, i'm pretty sure this has something to do with getting emotional.
    I know that when i'm about to cry i expierience the same types of sensations!
    The mind chatter thing before you go to sleep is also perfectly normal!
    I am no medical expert and i say speak to your parents or make an appointment to see your doctor if your symptoms are really worrying you but you have to separate anxiety symptoms from real ones!

ask yourself 'do i actually feel ill?'
    'are my symptoms constant or do they come and go when i get scared or nervous?'
    'has anything bad actually happened when i've experienced these symptoms'?

again, if you're worried, see a medical expert but i think you're ok and it sounds like it's just plain old horrible anxiety :-)
    take care
    X

Thread Information