Thread: Week off work at Christmas

Week off work at Christmas

Hi,

Is it just me or does anyone else hate having a week off work at Christmas?
    I am partly agoraphobic so if I don't have to go to work I tend to stay at home - which is what I do at weekends (but at least they are only 2 days). Over Christmas/New year there are 10 days in a row - so I'm wishing January 4th would get here!

Re: Week off work at Christmas

I don't like being off work, makes me feel out of control of things.

I'm exactly the same.. I have agoraphobia used to be confined to my house as a teenager but now only when it comes to going abroad and out of my usual routine. So its the same for me, I had a bout of anxiety this time last year and have it again. Had my first panic A on Christmas Eve. I am back in work on the 4th and will be glad to get back to a routine (how sad is that)

My husband went back to work today and my son is away in his dads so I am home alone, I am also in the process of going back on Cit medication so having a bit of a rough time while it gets into my system.. so I'm going attempt to get my butt down the gym and have a light work out. Distraction is the key !!

Helen.

I'm a teacher so get 2 full weeks off - hate being out of my routine makes me anxious and bored!

Hi,

Thank you for all your replies. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. One of my work colleagues always takes 2 weeks off at christmas and christmas eve which adds up to 17 days off!

HCV: I have also been prescribed Citalopram but have not yet taken any - as I know I will probably feel worse for the first few weeks.

I agree completely, I am not agoraphobic but having so much time off work just leaves me too much time to think and dwell on negative thoughts (I don't have much of a social life to occupy me). I'm insanely bored right now, each day has been a carbon copy of the previous and I'm wishing January 4th would hurry up!

Even during the year I rarely take more than two days off work at a time, as I just can't find anything to do during my time off and wind up worrying about how much work there'll be if I stay away too long.

I like a bit of routine, but am really enjoying this christmas break as I felt like I was going to pop with anxiety.

I also teach & have 2wks off. On one hand I really needed a break on the other like some of you I find I need the routine of work but i'm inclined to isolate my ptsd brain during holidays & then find it hard when i go back.
    It's difficult getting the right balance isn't it, i feel like i could do with next week off too.

Hi
    I feel the same. I have long lonely bored weekends. I don't really love my job but it keeps me busy. although I long for a break from work I then end up spending weekends in doors feeling lonely.
    Best wishes

Thread Information