Thread: Panic whilst eating!

Panic whilst eating!

Hi all,

Just recently (the last few days) I have been having really bad panics whilst eating! has anyone else ever experianced this?. This is new for me and its starting to make me feel like i dont want to eat, as I dont panic as much when I'm not eating. Has anyone got any tips for this? cheers.

Re: Panic whilst eating!

hi
    i used to have the same thing. i would get panic while eating. i know what you are going through. i finally stopped worrying about it and it did go away. try not to worry about it and try not to think about it. hard to do i know. but it will go away
    debera

I get panicky sometimes when I am eating, especially during the daytime and if I'm not at home, like at work. It comes from a couple of things for me, one is that I'm afraid to throw up and if I'm nervous, I get an upset stomach, and second, my heart used to pound after I ate. As my anxiety has gotten better, the heart rate isn't as much as a problem, but I still can get panicky eating.

Hiya
    I used to get very anxious about eating, I could only eat after I had taken my evening meds it got so bad.
    I think it's due to the reasons Jo gave above, and also I had my first major panic attack after a huge meal and my brain had connected the two, I'm ok now with food, though I still get a bit anxious after eating sometimes.

Is there anything you are anxious of? Eg being sick/ associate with panic etc?
    I found eating smaller meals but often was the way to go, having like meal milkshakes on the days I couldn't eat. Also plenty of stomach remedies for the nauseau x

Hi,

Thanks for the replies I have been trying to think why I panic whilst eating, the only thing I can think of is the fact that when my panic first started I always though it was down to a poor diet so therefore I feel food will add to heart problems. Dont get me wrong I live a healthly life style and exercise but when you have this panic/anxiety i think its really easy to panic over anything as you are constantly looking for a health problem (if that makes sense) anyway something to mention to my counseller when I see her after the holidays. Cheers everyone!

I've had a few milder attacks while eating. For me, I would suddenly have the strongest sense that my throat was closing up and I would either suffocate or choke to death. It would take a few seconds, but I would try to calm myself and start swallowing, which seemed to help reassure me that my throat was okay and helped the attack to begin subsiding.

Thread Information