Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No choice but to go out.....

Thumbs down No choice but to go out.....

Hi friends, well hubby has the flu....never seen him so ill. Hes in quarentine in our room. My anxiety has hit the roof, as Im so used to him looking after me.

I had no chioce but go to the shop today to get provisions for him, and its only 10 minutes away. Blooming palps and vertigo so so bad, I did it though.

My point is, last week I was on here moaning that I felt trapped inside because of the snow!! Now today, because I had no choice, I freaked out!! Stupid agoraphobia, what is going on??

Lack of choice/forced to go out, and suddenly bang, there it is again.....
    Not sure if its just because hes ill though, and stress up because of that.

Not a good day today. Worse for a lot of others at the moment, so keeping that it mind and trying to keep things in perspective.

Ive still got my rectal thermometer, so will be doing 2 hourly obs on hubby, thus hopefully ensuring a swift recovery...bless him. Hate it when hes ill. And my little Jack has started sneezing...AAHHHHH!!!!

Thanks for reading.

Re: No choice but to go out.....

Hi Paula

You did it, you went out.

Its all good, really it is..

Well done.

Hi Paula, well done for going out. I have to go out later to take my partner to the eye hospital, I too get the palps and vertigo, I am dreading it, especially as my vertigo has been quite bad for the past 4 days.
    take care
    Ann

Well done sweetie, hope they are all better soonlyxx

Thamks for your replies. x

Still cant work out how anxiety and agoraphobia seems to switch off and on with me. Hope Im not the only one?

Hubby very ill. gp says to treat it as swine flu....poor bugger can hardly wake to take fluids, temp 40.2c....at times like these I wish I could drive and I was normal...not fair,

Hi Paula,

Well done for making it to the shops. It’s amazing how we often manage these things when we really have to. It still might not be easy but when it comes to it we seem to find the strength from somewhere.

“My point is, last week I was on here moaning that I felt trapped inside because of the snow!! Now today, because I had no choice, I freaked out!!”

You know what... Karen was exactly like that last year when we had that bad snow. Her agoraphobia wasn’t so bad then but she still wasn’t going out a lot. And there was no need to because I could walk to the shops for anything we were running low on. But like you said, she felt ‘trapped’ knowing that she couldn’t, and it made her feel very agitated. So much so that when I went out to clear some of the snow from around her car after a few days, despite using crutches, she was out there helping me do it!

“Stupid agoraphobia, what is going on??”

I think stress makes these things worse because the mind gets so overwhelmed with so much to cope with. It’s been a difficult few months, now Christmas/New Year on top of that, plus people being ill. It’s a lot to cope with.

Hope hubby is soon feeing well again
    Nigel

Thanks everybody. Ive tried to stop analysing it all now.....had to go chemist today as hubby needed painkillers....10 min walk, and it was packed. Nothing happened, I felt dizzy but didnt panic.

Offered hubby a bed bath when I got home and he said hed prefer a shower...pppfffttt!! Did hundreds when I was nursing but he doesnt want to co-operate and Ive no time for difficult patients! Time for the rectal thermometer for him me thinks...........Thanks guys and girls, hes bit better today and had soup.

Thanks for your support as always x

Bed bath, rectal thermometer.......you are spoiling him too much.

I know Baileys, hes a lucky man

Well done, you should be proud of yourself. Hope he gets well soon and well done for coping, take care.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information