Thread: Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or Vestibulitis Vulvodynia?

Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or Vestibulitis Vulvodynia?

Hi there

Anyone have any experience of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction - the type where your pelvic floor is too tense and doesn't relax properly or vestibulitis vulvodynia?

I am starting to think my symptoms might be down to one of these but don't want to google too much.

Any advice or personal experiences would be helpful although I have vowed to visit a GP this week - here's hoping I can keep to it!

Re: Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or Vestibulitis Vulvodynia?

hi im sure i suffer with pelvic floor dysfuction and vulvodynia and my dr agrees what are your symptoms and i will see if they are like mine x

Hi Bronte

It started with cystitis after sex 4 months ago. That went away but came back as cystitis-like symptoms. I had tests for bacterial infection and STI's all negative. These symptoms continued, sort of urethral spasms but now it seems to ache 'down there' especially when I am hot or stressed. Relief from cooling gel, ice packs and an anesthetic gel given to me my a lovely nurse at the Marie Stopes clinic.

It also feels better if I do relaxation exercises that involving squatting or anything to relax that area. I have been under huge stresses over the past few months not least about these symptoms as I am scared of Drs but am having CBT to try and help.

Any info/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for responding - it seems an unusual topic as nothing came up on a search of the forum.

i have a lot of vulva aching pain and bladder spasms when im spending a penny and also my bladder aches after a wee but i also have alot of pelvic pain ive had it for along time my whole pelvis feels achy and i get a lot of lower back pain and anal/coccyx pain i also suffer with ibs pain so its all fun and the day after sex my whole pelvis is painful

Thanks again for responding.

Can you tell me how you were diagnosed and whether you are having any treatment, physical or medical?

Many thanks

i was diagnosed with chronic pelvic pain over 2 years ago at a and e when i went with bad pelvic pain and bleeding had all test nothing wrong just hormonal but the pain never went and its worse when im stressed and the pain spread into my vulva /anus and so on so after many trips to the dr and physio it was decided i have pelvic dysfunction and what doent help is i have pelvic misalighnment which doesnt help at all and as for treatment i was given co codamol but this is a problem i have every day to some degree hope this helps

Thanks Bronte - Can I ask what age you are? I am 48 and I've never had any of these type of issues before.

sorry for the delay diva i am 44 x

Hi again

After some research, I found some interesting stuff about PFD - Have you ever tried Physio? I went to one on Wednesday.

I've been doing some exercises since last weekend and my symptoms have greatly reduced. Mostlly squatting, especially with my back and palms flat to a wall. It seems to loosen the tension and helps the PF muscles relax.

Theres alot of positive stuff about Physio and PFD - Have you ever looked into it?

Thanks again for your replies

xx

hi yes ive tried physio and yes it did ease a little bit but i just wanted to get on with my life and not be dominated by oh i have to do my exercises silly i know but i got more relief by reflexology and relaxation but it never fully went away and when im anxious or hormonal its back x

Thread Information