Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email notification of PM's

Email notification of PM's

I've just recently set this up, but I'm not receiving emails. I've checked my spam and they've not gone in there either. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Re: Email notification of PM's

I know this may sounds uber stupid but have you checked the email address is correct in your profile?

Your email address looks wrong to me Lizzie

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

I've noticed that the email messages of PMs sent to my Live account are now being put in to the Junk folder, for some reason (now) they are being picked up by their spam filter.

Before, the mail was send to my inbox, as a safe sender, but flagged as suspect by their 'smartscreen' filter.

I queried this and was told that it may be because of the 'Do not reply' bit as well as the link in the message, but this new state of messages being put in to the junk folder instead of my inbox is something I don't understand as happening.

I've added individually the (3) email addresses associated with the PM mails to my safe sender's list so now I hope these notifications will be in my inbox instead of being put in to the Junk folder.

This placing of these messages to my Junk folder has only recently happened since the new year, it may be worth checking these filters associated with our own email accounts, some of these filters do not even allow 'spam' mails to even appear in a spam or junk folder, I mind Yahoo used to block outright some spam mails altogether.

Lizzie, it may be worth checking these settings associated with your email account, you could do what I did & add the 3 email addresses associated with the notifications to a safe sender's list.

Let us know how ye get on.

Ok I have since checked and your email address could be ok after all.

I will send you an email and see if you get it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Got your email thanks Nic.

Thanks for the advice Rousel - will have to check my email settings and see if there's some sort of list of blocked sites. Will let you know if I have any luck!

ok well that was sent from my BT account so doesn't prove much but I wanted to make sure that you got an email that wasn't blocked.

Today I randomly got an email about a pm... but it was a pm that was sent a few days ago! I'e had pm's since then but no email for them!
    So, it's obviously not my account blocking them, but they seem to be getting lost somewhere in cyberspace!
    The mail came to my inbox rather than spam, so definitely nothing to do with that. I checked my settings anyway and they're medium, with nothing blocked.
    I'm at a total loss now... any ideas anyone?!

Have you got the email still - if so can you forward it to me at nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Ta.

Same s been happening to me still Nic ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information