Thread: Smear test?

Smear test?

Have been warned I have this coming up at some point this year, I know I shouldn't be nervous because I have had cervical swabs taken before when I was seven or eight, but all I can remember of that is that it hurt like hell so I'm now obviously worried it'll be the same if not worse this time! Have to make a 20 min appt with the GP to discuss what we're doing about CBT and whether I should go on anti-d's - but I'm beginning to wonder if I should bring this one up then too. It's awkward as I am forever at the doc's about "down there" issues; have been since I was tiny; the last twice I have seen doc she has had a poke around... so Im none too keen on it happening again - but I am sore there; have a weird discharge and so I'm wondering if its worth asking her to get it all done and out the road at once? What do you all think? Would give me less time to get all worked up over it!
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Re: Smear test?

Probably getting all worked up over nothing lol but so scared it would hurt! Would rather get my Gp to do it too as I trust her, I know I'd be more nervous if it were someone I didn't know, but apparently only a nurse can do it, unless there's special circumstances.
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Smear test. Nothing to worry about just stay calm take a deep breath it lasts seconds.

Im a wimp and i was dreading my first but its not as bad as your imagination tells you.

I've had a few smear tests and they've all been fine! it might be a little uncomfortable but its over real quick! just relax, its tensing that makes it uncomfortable. you'll be fine! x

Hi Chick

Smears are nothing to worry about, I am 28 and have had 3 so far all have come back normal and haven't hurt.

I ahd my last one in Sept last year and got myself alll worked up about the results etc but everything was fine. I was also panicking about having it done but the nurses who do it have always been so nice especially if you tell them you are abit nervous.

Have a chat to your GP - I think she can reassure you that it will be ok having someone other than her do it.

Take care

Laura.xxx

Thread Information