Thread: Panic Attacks at School and Hello

Unhappy Panic Attacks at School and Hello

Hi I just joined I'm fifteen and in the middle of my GCSEs.
    I think I may have panic disorder. I've always been a worrier and suffered very minor.panic attacks but recently they've got so bad that I left my drama class in a wheelchair. I don't think drama was the reason though as I love performing and I find it is one of a very few ways I can express myself.
    I used to sign (british sign language) to calm myself down but theyve got so bad I become paralysed until its over so I cant do this anymore. I'm deseperate for something to calm me down as I'll be on edge for.days after the attacks and I don't think I can handle it anymore.

Hi JustKeepBreathing

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Panic Attacks at School and Hello

Hi there,
    Welcome to the site. I joined about a month ago. I have anxiety issues and low mood.
    I wanted to answer ur post as I have children ur age. I just wonder if you have spoken to ur parents about how you are feeling? I know not all parents are understanding but it may help for them to go through a few options with you. It might hellp to read a few self help books that can teach you about panic attacks and how to deal with them. Also, have you spoken to your GP? What about school? My friends daughter has anxiety and after speaking to the head teacher the school have been very accomodating.
    Let me know how ur doing, all the best,

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi JustKeepBreathing

I started having panic attacks when I was at school - they started out of the blue when I was 14 years old in a Geography class one day. I too was always a worrier from a young age. I know how difficult it is to be at school and to feel so out of control and consumed with panic and anxiety.

I told my parents at that time and went to see my doctor who was very helpful and I'm sure your doctor will be able to get some help for you. I thought I was going mad back then and totally embarrassed at being so 'different' from all my friends.

Don't feel alone. I am now 43 years of age, am still a worrier, but since school and all the constant panic attacks, I have worked full time for almost 27 years and have had a successful career in spite of being anxious and having times when things have seemed really bad.

Things will get better for you.

Oh Sweetie poor you.

Welcome to this fab site and now you can share all your worries panic or otherwise.

You are NOT alone, panic attacks can happen to anyone at anytime. Sometimes there is a reason or maybe like you and me and many many others we are just worriers by nature. But that's no bad thing coz it makes us warm, kind, people.

I am sure you are under a lot of pressure just now with exams and wondering what life will hold for you.

Have you shared this with your family ? Can you talk to your GP, maybe you have a school nurse.

Panic is very very common so please don't think no one will understand because they and we certainly do.

There is a lot of help available to you, have a good look around this site and if there is anything you are not sure of PLEASE PLEASE put a post on here.

You are young and things will get better and work out in time.

We are here for you anytime.

Hope this helps a little

Hi there

Hope you are a bit more relaxed now.

My son experienced a similar thing as you for the last 18 months of school.

He was nervous, irritable and just didnt want to go in the end.

Although not related totally but I would advise you to get help with your GCSE's, if necessary.

It wasnt until he was part way through doing his exams last year that we realised he could have sat in a different area of the school to do the exams. If we knew that, it may have helped his stress, I am sure of that.

I wish you LOADS AND LOADS of luck and happiness at school.

Take care and best wishes.

Thread Information