Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belonephobia

Belonephobia

I am new here and I wanted to know if Belonephobia is fear of needles, or is it just knives, and other sharp objects etc.
    I'm not scared of knives and things, but I'm terrified of needles. As a result, I have really bad teeth and have to go get them sorted soon. :( They hurt, and they look awful, but I've tried and tried to get sedative tablets and I'm still not allowed because I'm under 16. Soon I'm going to have to get them done, because they hurt so much, and they get worse by the day. I just know if I get into the dentists and he tells me he's going to give mne the injection I'll just run out.

Hiya Luthien

I dont know the answer to your question but I too am scared of injection, last time I went to the dentist (about a month ago) I told him I had panic and didnt want to sit in the chair so he gave me some antibiotics as I had an abcess ( dont know what I would do if I had to have work done.
    A couple of people on here have fillings etc without the injection so they might post here.

Welcome to the site anyway.

love Sarah
    xx

I would get my teeth done without anaesthetic, I did it once before for a filling but that was ages ago. The only problem is, I've got so many problems with them as a result of avoiding injections for so long. I'd guess I've got to get about four fillings done, and two teeth removed, and a cap put on the front one. Yeah, they really are that bad. :(

xx~Luthien~xx

Oh no poor you, sounds painful.
    Maybe the best thing to do is go see about them before they get worse?

love Sarah
    xx

there are dentists that now do fillings with lasers no needles involved - more expensive though

Emily

Aww aww awww!!

I don't like going to the dentist (but wouldn't say i was phobic . What I will say is the more you go the easier it is gets and i would imagine the same will apply to the needle

Lucky

I don't have the injection at the dentist cos it makes me panic. I would rather suffer the pain for 10 minutes than the numbness for about 4 hours.

I did have to have the injection last time I went cos I was having 2 fillings and they were hurting a lot. That was the first time in about 10 years. I obviously looked ill cos he kep asking me how I was.

I got home and cried my eyes out cos it freaked me out so I went swimming to take my mind off it - that helped.

Good luck - you must get them done if they need doing cos you are still young and the teeth have got to last you a long time yet.

Explain that you get panicky and see if he can help atall.

Can you take someone in with you?

Nicola

My mum will probably be with me. She's not as bad as me, but she still doesn't like needles. Someone suggested taking a CD player to take my mind off it. I know the more I think about it, the worse it gets, and I'll definitely have to have them done soon. It probably will get easier with each time so this is the hardest part. And as for dentists with lasers and things, I'll have to find out about that. I'm worried about having to have blood tests and things when I'm older. My mum has never made me get the vaccinations for meningitis or tuberculosis because the needles scare me more than the diseases! I'm just glad she understands, my friend's mum made her get it anyway and she was crying her eyes out. I think that made me even more scared!

xx~Luthien~xx

Luthien

Just don't look at the needle atall. When I have blood tests I just look away and talk about anything to take my mind off it.

As for injections for meningitis and tuberculosis then you really ought to have them done cos they may save your life one day.

Just keep looking away from the needle and you will be fine ok?

Nicola

Hiya Luthien,

I'm with Nic on that one. You must try and get these injections. You will have 2 minutes with the needle and the implications of not getting the jabs are enormous.

lucky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information