Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil) A natural Benzo!

Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil) A natural Benzo!

Sorry for the long read but this is worth it!

I know it has been said before and is on main pages but I really wanted to tell people that Omega 3 faty acid supplements actully seem to work very well.

Meg I think pointed it out to me in addition to Vitamin B that I was taking and have since tried omega 3 supplement and it seems to relieve depression a little and in turn anxiety and helps you to breathe easier.

It has had such a good effect on me that I had to post it as it is often left out.

There is a little research going on moreso recently regarding fish oil and depression relationships. Most countries that eat lots of fish have almost no depression in comparison and they think there is definately a link. I agree.

I dont eat fish at all and most people dont eat the reccommnded amount.

I dont like supplements in general but natural fish oil is just that. Oil extracted from fish (omega 3 fatty acid) and cannot hurt you in any way.

It also helps arthritus. You cant take too much (unlike some vitamins) ok! And its very cheap!

I take 3 x pills a day which is reccomended if you dont eat fish (3000mg) and up to 12000mg for arthritus. 200 pills cost me $14.95 of best brand (so about $4 pounds I think).

Try them please. They seem to help me a lot.

You can also get it from natural milk (goats milk I think that is) or nuts convert it into omega 3 or flax seed. Anyway, get some omega 3 fatty acids in ya! Fish and omega 3 acids actually PROVEN to stop the development of many diseases too and VITAL to good health so if not for anything but health, take some (esp if you dont eat fish a few times a week - who does?).

P.S. I will reinforce, it cant hurt you or overdose and buy the natural fish oil tested for mercury (good brands is just oil extracted from fish and comes in capsules so u dont taste it etc). I say it cant hurt from the studies I ahve read but I am not a Dr so always consult. I am only going on what I read and huge intakes could make some things worse if you have them so consult Dr but studies with huge amounts show it has no bad effects on people in general. (thoguht I would clarify that so I dont get into trouble)

P.S. Any comments welcome and tell me how you go please. [^]

Cheers
    Chop

Learning to under react

Hi Hun,

I have just started taking the omega fish oils and vitb complex too, so I will let you know how I go with them, mind they could make the omega ones a bit smaller to swallow LOL.

Catch you later for a chat.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

lol yes they are BIG!

Another interesting part I found on a Govt health site

The human brain is one of the largest "consumers" of DHA. A normal adult human brain contains more than 20 grams of DHA. Low DHA levels have been linked to low brain serotonin levels which again are connected to an increased tendency to depression, suicide, and violence. A high intake of fish has been linked to a significant decrease in age-related memory loss and cognitive function impairment and a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. A recent study found that Alzheimer's patients given an omega-3-rich supplement experienced a significant improvement in their quality of life.[6-9]

Several studies have established a clear association between low levels of omega-3 fatty acids and depression. Other studies have shown that countries with a high level of fish consumption have fewer cases of depression. Researchers at Harvard Medical School have successfully used fish oil supplementation to treat bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) and British researchers report encouraging results in the treatment of schizophrenia. [10-15]

Researchers at the University of Sydney have found that children who regularly eat fresh, oily fish have a four times lower risk of developing asthma than do children who rarely eat such fish. They speculate that EPA present in the fish may prevent the development of asthma or reduce its severity by reducing airway inflammation and responsiveness. Researchers at the University of Wyoming have found that supplementation with 3.3 grams/day of fish oil markedly reduces breathing difficulties and other symptoms in asthma patients. Other research has found fish oil to be beneficial in the treatment of other lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis and emphysema.

Heart disease, all sorts. I wont go on with it lol anymore but is ther nothing this doesnt help with?

All studies show good things for so many things and also the best thing is it is natural stuff and not man made "brain stuff"! Also, there seems to be no risk of overdosing but I would always check with a Dr anyway in cases of blood clots or other diseases just in case.

Another site (yes fish foundation of Uk but there are based on trials etcd) Interesting it all is!
    http://www.fish-foundation.org.uk/Brain&Eyes.htm

P.S. Again I am not a Dr so consult first

Learning to under react

all sounds good to me. I will carry on trying to swallow the 'bricks' then LOL

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

this is a good omega 3 link

http://www.omega3.20megsfree.com/index.html

My doctor recently advised me to take fish oils, but I don't which brand is good?
    Also, I have heard that flaxeed oil is very high in omega 3 oils, is that true?[8)]
    Thank you
    With Luv

I take blackmores fish oil. (Dont know if available there)

You want more omega 3 and less omega 6.

Apperently, Fish oil is better overall than cod liver oil or flaxseed (forget why).

Also, Taking 1000mg of fish oil capsule does not mean you are taking 1000mg of epa omega 3. Most likely about 180mg. Recommended daily intake for "normal" people is 650mg-1000mg so need many tabs alone if not eating much food high in it.

Make sure oil is tested for mercury etc too.

Cheers
    Chop

P.S. People with arthritus often take up to 15-20 tabs day.

Learning to under react

I should add (as I have a very inquisitive mind and need to know how things work) that I have emailed a few dr's and read a million sites (genuine medical sites and psch sites) on this (all new controlled scientific studies) and Omega 3 (fish oil) is actully a natural type of benzodiazepine! A peripheral type benzodiazepine.

I have gone thru the research and found so many interesting things!

Love it!

Those on benzos and want to get off them? Try a high dose of fish oil to help.

They are actually studying this and some switched on pysch's are using it for this!

I have spent many hours reading all the text I could find including how benzos and GABAa and fish oil works. (p.s. Im not stupid lol - I need to know exactly how things work) this is very promising.

Very promising indeed. hope this topic gets to sticky at some point.

It all keeps gettign better, however, I should also say LARGE doses may be no good for diabetics but normal doses fine.

Cheers
    Chop

Learning to under react

Sorry to bump thread but I know a few people have tried his short term so far. Gimme the good news even though it is early days...

Glad to hear from you.

Cheers
    Chop

Learning to under react

i have just started taking omega 3 tablets (2x1000mg) a day, and also some vit B complex. only started 2 days ago, and think maybe just maybe its helping!!!

today was my first day with the need of my valium and no anxiety or depression kicked in!!

im gonna stick with the fish oil

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information