Thread: Fluvoxamine

Fluvoxamine

Hi I have been taking Fluvoxamine 100 mg daily for 2 years now for anxiety based depression. I have been suffering from muscle pains in my calves which originally was thought to be from achilles tendonitis but it is now thought to be a contra indicator to the Fluvoxamine.

I have been to the GP tonight and he has said that because of this I need to come off the Fluvoxamine. He has suggested that I reduce the dose to 50mg for 2 weeks and then take 50mg every other day for another 2 weeks. I have tried in the past to come off this Fluvoxamine and immediately experienced severe side effects so I am feeling a bit apprehensive about withdrawing. However, I do feel that if I am not strong enough emotionally I will be able to be put onto another anti-depressant but wondered if anyone else had withdrawn from Fluvoxamine and if you could let me know at which rate you reduced and any symptoms which I might expect? Thank you for any advice.

Re: Fluvoxamine

Your doctor will want to see you often while you are taking fluvoxamine, especially early in your treatment. Be sure to keep all appointments for office visits with your doctor.

Thread Information