Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paroxetine

paroxetine like any other drug takes time to kick in.........make sure you know that you MAY feel worse before you feel better..............like all us know we have to try things once as it may be just the thing for you!

Nic X

Hi,

i have been on Paroxetine for about a week now. I had about four days when i felt worse, but things have been improving for the last two or three days. I know it is too early to tell how well they will work, but at least it is looking optimistic[^]

Multiplexor

hi.....
    When myu attacks came back mainly in january, I as first put on paxil (paroxetine), and I was on it for 2 weeks, and the side eiffects were horrible for me....I had so much anxiety, my body was shaking, and i had to use so much clonazapam to calm my body down. I was dizzy and felt so out of it....and on March 1st as iI was walking in my home, because it made me so tipsy and dippy, I ended up twisting my ankel a few tims the wrong way, and I , even now, cannot move my right ankle at all...it is like it is paralyzed and I have lost feeling in my top of my foot and the outside of my ankle. I went off it, and went on Effexor at the lowest dosage possible, and I feel way better. I have hear that when you go on paroxetine, that the first 2-4 weeks you have bad side effects but they usually wear off after that. I was personallly so sick, I was throwing up, feeling nauseas almost all of the time, I was dizzy, uncoordinated, kept wobbling if I stood, felt strung out and out of it. But I have heard about where it realy helps people. You see, each drug will have a different effect of each person. I hope it works out for you...but remembe you do have choices, and you should choose what you think is nest...what you feel is best.

hi

how is everyone doing on the paroxetine?

nic X

hi

how is everyone doing on the paroxetine?

nic X

hi multi,

I have been on paxil for years now and it is the only thing that has helped me. I suffer from huge anxiety issues, ocd and have only had 2 severe panic attacks. I have tried about every ssri out there. It does take awhile to get in your system and frankly every ssri out there made me ill going on it. Paxil or paroxetine as you call it has a very sedating effect thus it is very good for anxiety and panic issues, or so my doctor told me. I am on the lowest dosage and mine is controlled release which they may not have in the UK. I take 12.5 mg. It has been a life saver for me. Just wanted to give a positive note from somebody.

Bel

Hi Bel,

I am on 20mg a day and have been on them for just over two weeks. I was told to keep taking the clomipramine tablets as well for the first two weeks (came off them on Tuesday) to allow the paroxetine to start working. To be honest i am still having some bad days but i am hoping things will improve over the next few weeks. How long did it take you before you felt some improvement?

Multiplexor

Hi Bel,

I am on 20mg a day and have been on them for just over two weeks. I was told to keep taking the clomipramine tablets as well for the first two weeks (came off them on Tuesday) to allow the paroxetine to start working. To be honest i am still having some bad days but i am hoping things will improve over the next few weeks. How long did it take you before you felt some improvement?

Multiplexor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information