Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backache unable to take painkillers

Re: Backache unable to take painkillers

Hi Gaaron I would be interested in the title of the book. It sounds as if your back pain is more serious than mine as I have still been able to get out and about. I was doing a weekly pilates class until about six months ago. The instructor decided to set up a class elsewhere. I understand about strengthening the 'core' muscles. As I am unable to take painkillers of any kind I just 'panic' when I get any sort of pain. Depression is so much about ourselves as 'whole' people although we always want to just treat the part that is hurting. I hope that you have some respite from your pain. EJ.

Hi ElizabethJane, painkillers don't work for me...well the strong ones just make me sick/dizzy. The book is The New Rules of Posture by Mary Bond..I got it from Amazon. It helps with breathing etc. and how that affects and how to control.
    I'm lucky that I don't panic as such, but I'm so limited now that I have to do something. It's trying to get the balance between pushing/resting right. I'm thinking of going back to docs tho' for the anti deps I was on. Because although I felt pain, I was a little more 'relaxed' about it. Good luck x Any questions just ask

hello ElizabethJane, What a terrible situation you are in.Back pain is awfull. I am lucky I can take co-codamol. I see a osteopath once a month,which does help me.I now have developed what I think is gout,but I am not going to see gp.I have a lot of meds anyway,don't want any more.
    I also find that if I am under a lot of stress,the pain gets worse. I do hope you go on ok Monday .Keep in touch

Hi, I finished the book lastnight (will be re-reading for exercises). I bought it originally as I thought it was about dealing with pain in the work place etc. It has all the 'why we do stuff' etc and how we feel differently if we just slightly adjust our eyes when we focus! ..and about 'posture' body language. I found it worth getting. It's an American book (well a couple of different spellings gave it away), but not written in that 'over the top way'.
    Hope you're feeling a little better today xx
    ps did pilates work for you?

Hi Gaaron yes I used to enjoy the pilates and it did help to strengthen my core and my back. Unfortunately the class became an itermediate/advanced class and I found it difficult to keep up. We also did a lot of sit up type exercises which inevitably made me feel sick and nauseous. Turning my head from side to side also had the same effect. We did a lot of exercises with the woggle and also a firm cylinder which I found very difficult. I know the instructors number so I could contact him if I wished. I'm not sure if it is right for me at the moment. To Nellie: Gout is really really painful my Dad is fellow sufferer who takes tablets to disperse the crystals. I know I've been feeling depressed. I arranged to have shopping delivered yesterday but it was in fact for next week. I re schelduled it for today and they cancelled it. I also caught myself sitting up in bed talking in my sleep. I look foward to the osteopath tomorrow. EJ

Oh that's too advanced for me! It's 'stretches' I do, don't think my body (honestly) would get there. I saw the physio first and they've put me on a programme. I only want to be able to walk a bit without pain and learn how to relax my shoulders. xx
    Sorry you're feeling so down xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information