Thread: huge panic attack now :'(

huge panic attack now :'(

hi everyone,
    today was going pretty well, been quite ill but thought i was feeling a bit better.
    but today my mum told me she had a dream that i was died and it just proved how much she loved me and now i'm really worried because i dont know what that dream means :'( i'm really scared and i dont know what to think about it, i'm having such a huge panic attack i feel as if i'm choking what do i do and what does that dream mean? :'(
    xxx

Re: huge panic attack now :'(

No offence to your Mum but she really should not have shared the contents of her dream with you. For any one least of all someone like yourself a sufferer of panic and anxiety this would have been an insensitive thing to do. You must try to put this aside. No doubt it has upset you a lot. If there is someone you can talk your feelings over with then do so. Please try to stay calm. You are not going to die. You are young and healthy so all this scaremongering should stop. We can put interepretaions on our dreams but unless we are 'in therapy' the contents are powerless to hurt us. So sorry you have been upset over this. EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by miniholly View Post
    hi everyone,
    today was going pretty well, been quite ill but thought i was feeling a bit better.
    but today my mum told me she had a dream that i was died and it just proved how much she loved me and now i'm really worried because i dont know what that dream means :'( i'm really scared and i dont know what to think about it, i'm having such a huge panic attack i feel as if i'm choking what do i do and what does that dream mean? :'(
    xxx
    I hadn't answered your question. Unless you are a psychotherapist then I wouldn't go in for interpretaion of dreams. They are often a jumble of unconscious thoughts strung together. Please don't worry about them. EJ.

Hi miniholly,

I’m sorry you’ve been worried by that dream, but you’ve gotta remember – dreams aren’t premonitions or predictions. Nobody really understands them, but it’s believed to be the mind’s way of trying to resolve thoughts that a person had during the day that remained unresolved.

The thing about dreams is they’re metaphorical – that is, they’re representations of other things – and that’s what makes them hard to unravel because only the mind knows what those representations mean. It’s a bit like the way little children use characters and objects to represent other things in the games they play.

So in your mum’s dream, the image of you simply represented someone – or even something – that she was doing a lot of thinking about. And the dieing part probably wasn’t about actual death at all. It simply represented another part of those thoughts – perhaps something ending or being over or finished. Who knows...

Forget it... it was just a dream
    Nigel

Don't let someone elses dream bother you; but if it does still trouble you please try and take comfort in the fact that it is believed that a dream about death is actually intrepreted as a sign for an impending birth or of new life in general!!! So its actually a positive thing!!

OK - baldy dude is right - it is seen as a sign of impending birth! It is meant to be a good and positive sign - see it just as that! (Yeh and tell your mum not to tell you her dreams unless they are really jolly happy ones!!!!!)

Hope you doing better now

Wow sorry everyone for taking so long to thank you all! took me a while to re find the thread until someone shared a link in another thread so thought i'd say thanks to everyone for their answers really helped a lot xxx

Hi Miniholly,

“took me a while to re find the thread...”

I know... there are so many new posts on here, it’s hard to keep track.

If you click on ‘Thread Tool’ at the top of a thread there’s a ‘Subscribe to this Thread’ option. If you do that you should get a notification whenever there’s a new reply. Or if you click ‘Search’ right at the top, there’s an option at the bottom to list all your old posts and threads.

It might help
    Nigel

I was told that when you dream of someone dying, it means that they are going to live a long time! And I actually believe this because I used to dream that my great grandfather died. This happened at least once or twice a month. He lived to be 96 and died peacefully of old age in his sleep. So this is a good thing! You're going to live for a long time!

Thread Information