Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vertigo

vertigo

Does anyone suffer from vertigo attacks?

Re: vertigo

Hi, Yes feelings of being light headed and off balance and fear of losing balance and having to sit or lie down.

Hiya, yes vertigo is the bain of my life. Suffer dizzyness related to anxiety most days, but get vertigo for the week coming up to my period. Its a horrible sensation. Im fortunate in the sense that it does get better once my period comes. Unfortunately, I think I just missed my period (am 5 days late) and think Im peri-menopause (40 soon, lots of other symptoms too). Have you seen your gp regarding your vertigo to rule things out? x

Thanks for the replies. Had labrynthitis aboyt 14 mths ago not felt 100% since but had a attack when waking on new years day not so bad but not a day goes by that i dont think about . Wondering if i bring it on myself. Hoping to have some scan done to check.

I had a vertigo attack a few weeks ago, sitting watching tv and all of a sudden the room started swaying. i was terrified and convinced i was about to die.

But it did pass after a few minutes, the only problem i have now is the fact that it scared the hell out of me and i cant seem to stop worrying about it.

Im sure the worry will pass tho in time.

thats what happened to me i was in bed with vertigo for 3 weeks and not a day goes by now where i dont think about it. Half the problem now is worrying about it

I get t his also, I absolutely hate it!!! I have had a mini one this morning at work and it leaves me feeling wobbly for the whole day and I can't forget about it either. Mine has got much worse since Christmas too as we all had this cold / flu type virus and it seems to have started it off again. It starts with my eyes (I work on a computer all day so maybe that doesn't help), they just seem to go wide and then I feel weird in my head, like inside my head is moving, then I feel generally as if I'm moving a little, so unnerving. I am near to tears this morning as I don't think I can take anymore of it, it's ruining my whole life at the moment.

Pudding

I have had several vertigo attacks over the years. Most of mine have occurred upon waking -- positional vertigo, and others have occurred before my period -- no doubt hormonal, and out of the blue -- possible sudden onset of a viral infection in my ear or stress related. All which have been benign and just horribly uncomfortable. No doubt if this should continue, see your doctor so he/she can reassure you and give you some techniques to help get rid of it -- especially if it is a calcium deposit issue as in positional vertigo. I have found taking a Benadryl eases it and makes me feel better. I was told antihistimines are good for that after I had horrible vertigo after taking cough medicine with codeine, and it is was very effective. Maybe you can check with your doctor about that.
    Anyway, as no fun as they are, most cases are nothing -- just another glitch for us to worry about. I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Hugs, Wiskers ~

"We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Einstein

What's Benadryl? Is it a cold remedy or something?

I've had labyrinthitis in the past too and still get vertigo attacks from time to time. I'm also suffering quite badly at the moment after a virus. I always go back to taking Serc (betahistine) which does help a bit, even if it doesn't entirely fix the problem x

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information