Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with my stuff (Psychotherapy and 'inner child' work)

Re: Dealing with my stuff (Psychotherapy and 'inner child' work)

Your therapist is right Chris .Little Chris was a truly wonderful little boy and has grown to be a very strong and courageous man .He deserves to be happy, and proud of who he is .Well done and keep up the good work ..luv Sue x

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I'm really glad to hear this, Chris. It's very courageous of you - and it's fantastic that you're making progress and have found something that really connects with you. Please keep us updated

Dahlia

I will keep my eye on your thread Chris, and will read the link with avid interest, I will probably cry too! You have been a great support to me. I, too, have issues going back to being a little girl. I had an extremely difficult father who I could never ever please and who I don't see anymore, and I took that with me into adulthood. I am going through all this with my counsellor. I wish you love and courage on your journey and I know you will get through this and out the other side! xx

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Smile Re: Dealing with my stuff (Psychotherapy and 'inner child' work)

Hi Chris, Just wanted to say you are a very inspiring person.x. The biggest thing that jumps out at me from your post is your commitment to your own healing and resolution.x. I guess that's the key to making some kind of peace with stuff that's hurt us in the past - committing ourselves to the process of healing even when it gets horrible and tough.x.

Maybe one day I might like the little me inside myself but right now I hate her, but what you say about there being something about the character of our 'little selves' because we got through and survived has really given me food for thought

I think it's one thing to get through the 'crappy stuff' and survive but completely another to actaully LIVE after surviving. You sound like you are really starting to live the life you want and maybe that ability is in us all even if we can't see it sometimes

You kind of make sense of that old saying "We are masters of our own destiny".x.

Take care and stay strong.x.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Nicky View Post
    Maybe one day I might like the little me inside myself but right now I hate her, but what you say about there being something about the character of our 'little selves' because we got through and survived has really given me food for thought
    Nicky,

Thank you for such a lovely post.

I think Little Nicky is probably a very frightened little girl. For years I have been scaring Little Chris with my anger, it's only in the last couple of weeks that I've worked out that my own anger, a learned behaviour, was still terrifying the little boy inside. It was a viscious circle.

You know Little Nicky is a beautiful wonderful innocent child, whatever happened to her wasn't her fault. I hope you can make peace with her, I think you'll find someone very very special.

Chris x

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by carldourish View Post
    Make peace within & let go...
    Thanks for the links Carl. I am using elements of NLP and EFT, although mindfulness is proving to be the technique that's really working for me. Never hurts to have more tools in the toolbox though.

John Bradshaw's book Homecoming has been a fabulous help, I'm tweaking some of the techniques and meditations he describes to fit in with the mindfulness work I am already doing and also so that I can work with my therapist too. (A word of caution though - this book may not be suitable if you've suffered certain types of abuse, you ought to seek professional assistance first - which I have - if you are at all unsure).

Thank you, I will watch those videos with interest

Chris
    Last edited by HarrogateChris; 19-01-11 at 20:06. Reason: To add caution about book

Not sure if you got my PM Chris, but if you did, you'll understand me when I say my little Jack and I had a great adventure with lego tonight, it was amazing to hear his ideas and his excitement at play...thats down to you. I know it may seem silly, but little Chris has helped little Jack, whos still little....thanks.

All the best with work on the 7th of Feb x

No worries Chris...

My tool box is big...lol. I encourage all to watch the links...The process of FasterEFT is amazing.

Remember, it's never to late to have a happy childhood.

Peace.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by paula lynne View Post
    my little Jack and I had a great adventure with lego tonight, it was amazing to hear his ideas and his excitement at play...thats down to you. I know it may seem silly, but little Chris has helped little Jack, whos still little....thanks.
    Oh Paula

That's a wonderful thing to hear, I'm so so pleased. I've filled up!

Give Little Jack a cuddle from Little Chris.

Chris x

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information