I was greeted at work today by my manager and someone from HR to tell me that I was being made redundant from 1st Feb

It has come as a complete shock and I have been through a mix of emotions today. Ok one minute then crying the next.

Everyone at work has been fantastic and so sympathetic to me as none of us saw it coming.

They have also made one other guy redundant as well.

They have given me a good "pay off" so I should be ok for money for about 4 months but I guess it was just the shock of it all and the fact that I am going to find it hard to get another job so easily due to my health issues and the fact that I can no longer work a "normal" 9-5.30 job.

I don't know what to do with myself at the moment. One minute I am seeing it as a kick up the backside to do something different with my life and the next I am scared that I will never get back into such a highly paid job.

The company have been fantastic since I was ill in Sept 2008 and took 9.5 months off work sick. I then returned working 9.30 - 3 pm and it has been as much as I could manage.

I have no idea about benefits and what I can and can't get as last time I was made redundant (4 years ago) I was told that as my partner worked I wasn't entitled to any money so now I have to work out who I need to call / see to get at least my NI contributions paid unless I can get any state benefits.

Then I have no idea what I am going to do career wise. I work in I.T. but am not sure that is where I want to stay.

Oh it is all too much at the moment to think about.

Just a hug would be nice right now as obviously I am upset and in a bit of shock and the future does look a bit scarey at the moment.

Thank You