Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Made redundant today - upset but trying to be positive

Made redundant today - upset but trying to be positive

I was greeted at work today by my manager and someone from HR to tell me that I was being made redundant from 1st Feb

It has come as a complete shock and I have been through a mix of emotions today. Ok one minute then crying the next.

Everyone at work has been fantastic and so sympathetic to me as none of us saw it coming.

They have also made one other guy redundant as well.

They have given me a good "pay off" so I should be ok for money for about 4 months but I guess it was just the shock of it all and the fact that I am going to find it hard to get another job so easily due to my health issues and the fact that I can no longer work a "normal" 9-5.30 job.

I don't know what to do with myself at the moment. One minute I am seeing it as a kick up the backside to do something different with my life and the next I am scared that I will never get back into such a highly paid job.

The company have been fantastic since I was ill in Sept 2008 and took 9.5 months off work sick. I then returned working 9.30 - 3 pm and it has been as much as I could manage.

I have no idea about benefits and what I can and can't get as last time I was made redundant (4 years ago) I was told that as my partner worked I wasn't entitled to any money so now I have to work out who I need to call / see to get at least my NI contributions paid unless I can get any state benefits.

Then I have no idea what I am going to do career wise. I work in I.T. but am not sure that is where I want to stay.

Oh it is all too much at the moment to think about.

Just a hug would be nice right now as obviously I am upset and in a bit of shock and the future does look a bit scarey at the moment.

Thank You

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Made redundant today - upset but trying to be positive

Sorry to hear this.

So very sorry Nic It must have come as a terrible Shock ..You know my thoughts .Im sure things will work out in the end .Thinking of you and Good luck for the future luv Sue xxxx

Hi Nic,

so sorry to hear, sending you lots of hugs:

thinking of you and I will keep you in my prayers.

love

Yvonne

This must of been a shock! x
    Ok, maybe youve "had your time" there, maybe the door is supposed to close now. As hard as it is to deal with the initial change, maybe, in the future, you could look at using your skills somewhere else....open new doors of opportunity for you, new exciting adventures, meeting new people?

Regardless of anxiety, stuff happens....its up to you what you do with this. You can "Choose" to be pro-active and positive and say "ok, this isnt great but I will deal with it, I can handle it" or let it drag you down.

I say, be angry/depressed/wound up for a week. Let it sink in. Then...start making your plans....youve so many skills...use them. Maybe this is an opportunity for you...wish you all the best x Paula x

massive hugs to you
    bt remember all the amazing advice you give to the rest of us keep positive

xxxx

Sorry to hear Nic . You know what they say , one door closes and another one opens . Could be a good opportunity for you to really look at something else you would like to do perhaps? It's early days yet and it is a shock to you , after all we spend so much time at work , it becomes part of our life. I hope you find some positive out of it and i wish you luck . In the mean time have some hugs

Love Paige xxxx

sorry to hear this sending u some hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugs Nic x

Dear Nic

I am so sorry to hear about this mate.

It's all too much of a shock for you to make any decissions at the moment regarding your career ect. Please give yourself some time to digest this as you don't have to make any decissions right now.

Here for you

Loads of love my lovely mate
    Lisa
    xxxx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information