Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Made redundant today - upset but trying to be positive

Re: Made redundant today - upset but trying to be positive

Employment Support Allowance is an option - but claiming it is nigh on impossible - lol.

so sorry to hear this Nic

absolute shock and worry for you, dunno wat you did before but my gosh look what you have created here, i wonder what this could start for you, just the beginning!

you're an inspiration, be strong and when you can't be we're all here for the journey xxx

Sorry to hear this Nic - hang on in there, I'm sure there will be loads more opportunities for you x

I finished work yesterday - had some fantastic presents from the people at work and it was really touching

It feels weird that I no longer have the routine in my life of getting up, going to work, coming home etc etc.

I won't miss the job but I will miss the people so much - they have been fantastic to me and I have some good friends for life there.

Not sure what I am going to do now. I have plans to decorate a few rooms in the house so that will keep me busy and active for a few weeks/months.

I guess I need to "sign on" next week as well to get my NI contributions paid so need to sort that out.

Thanks for all the support anyway - it is much appreciated.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's really strange at first when you lose the routine Nic but doing some decorating is a great idea. I've just got back to doing a bit off and on after CFS stopped me for a few years and it can be really satisfying.

Just to say again on benefits - if you have been paying NI I'm almost certain you will be able to receive contributions-based Jobseekers Allowance for up to six months. It's not a huge amount of money but take it while it's there.

You never know what might turn up though. I started getting a day's work a week pretty soon after I was paid off, that turned into two and then built into a fairly steady (if precarious) three. It's not ideal but I'm not really fit for full-time work so it hasn't turned out too badly. Take care x

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Thanks Jane

It hasn't really sunk in yet but I am also kind of excited that the world is my oyster now.

I won't work full time again cos of the Crohn's and the heart attack but I am going to try and go to more cardiac exercise classes and get fit and healthy again at least.

I am very independant and running NMP costs over £60 a month and although Alex has offered to pay this for me I want to be able to do it myself so may need to ask for some donations soon but we are ok for now. I hate asking people to donate as I know that none of us are rich lol

I just need to work out now what I REALLY want to do with my life.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nic, take some time to think about your future. You need to come to terms with what has happened and in my experience things have a habit of working themselves out.

Could you Temp for a bit - I have always enjoyed temping and certainly here there is a lot of part time temp work around.

What ever you decide try and enjoy the new chapter in your life - it may be weird at first by you and your health is the most important thing ever.

big hugs xxx

Hi Nicola, I'm sure the jobs you intend to do now that you are at home will keep you busy--but remember not to over do it.A bit at a time please.XXX

So sorry to hear this. I hope when you have come throught the shock, that you will find a better opportunity waiting out there Nic.

Veronicax

Glad that you are doing positive things with your life. I don't know what to do with my life and I am trying to find voluntary work, and it's not very easy to do. I am looking for something to do with my life, and I hate staying at home a lot.

Glad that you are taking positive steps with your life - decorating your house and trying to do something every day - I am trying to do this. But I sometimes feel bored - but I know I will get there.

Starry xx

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information