Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: depersonalisation/ derealisation

Re: depersonalisation/ derealisation

Hi all...
    I've actually had enough of feeling like this :( I'm so tired n can't eat because of the worry of feeling like 24/7 I just want to know that there is hope out there n that we can all get through this.... Coz seriously i can't take it anymore! Everything I look at, the world my children my family.... Everything doesn't exist and I'm so confused! X

I feel exactly like this too. As much as i would never wish this on anyone, i find it slightly reassuring to know i'm not the only one.

I cannot believe how similar the stories are from other people about how i feel.

I went to the GP and told him i felt disconnected from my body and reality and i was thinking so deeply about the world and what it is and who i am, and my relevance in it, and he implied I was psychotic. Since then the DP/DR has been SOO bad. Does this prove it is anxiety, or am i quite simply crazy?

I feel crazy too, I think we all do, but if you can ask that question then you're not because crazy people don't know they're crazy, they think every1 else is.... I feel the same as you lecb...... I feel like if I can't understand why the worlds here or why we Exist then it all must be fake and it really freaks me out! Does this ever happen to you? X

Hi again, just plucking up the courage to write some more, but does anyone feel like the unreal feelings feel worse when it starts to get dark, or if it's cloudy and grey all day?
    I find this happens to me all the time and is better in summer when there is light. I can't begin to tell you how this is affecting me, but I am sure you all know how I feel. Anyway gonna shut up now have hundreds of things to ask and write to you about have been suffering with this for many years.

One thing this makes me suffer us chronic fatigue and sleepless nights feeling so unreal. Anybody had this? I feel regularly I an losing my sense of identity as my mind is absorbed by worry.

I get this when my anxiety is severe, I first experienced this feeling when smoking cannabis, (I don't touch this stuff anymore, It can really mess with your mind).

Try beta blockers, been taking them for a week and my anxiety levels are easier to manage, I dont feel the panic as I did before.

depersonalisation/derealisation is very scary. Its like being in a personal hell, you feel life is a dream, and every thing is fake.

try and relax, try yoga, put your fav music on, do not sit there worrying over these nasty thoughts.

remember your not the only one with these issues, its just anxiety messing with you.

hope things work out for you

Wow,I didn't realise that this thing has a label. I didn't know this until I read it. I have had it last Christmas and yes it seems worse when it is dark and gloomy, and I'm always being bored at home and thinking too much makes it worse. I find myself happier during summer when it is hot and longer days too. I can go out more in the summer too.

Thank you for giving me the label for the unreal thoughts I had for a while.

Starry xx

My derealization has been troubling me all week again. Basically I get to a point I kind of half accept it's anxiety and it eases. Problem is as soon as it comes back or any kind of mild to bad panic attack I'm as bad as ever as I give it significance.

When it lingers all week I feel my eyes sensitise up and they seem sleepy and tired. Biggest thing is I look around and everything seems unreal and strange/off my head feels pressured and dream like. Barley feel alive or like I'm in a trance. Feel a loss of connection like I Duno who I an anymore or why I'm on this earth?

It's the worst symptom and it's just awful can't feel this way forever it also numbs up my emotions. Anybody else relate to this?

what is the scientific reason for it happening ?? thought id wrote everyone of those above posts ! can relate to you all

Quote Originally Posted by fretty freda View Post
    what is the scientific reason for it happening ?? thought id wrote everyone of those above posts ! can relate to you all
    It happens when your brain is tired and worn out by anxious thoughts so it makes you feel like this to protect you. Basically it makes you hyper aware of your surroundings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information