Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Re: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Hi Buster

Why do you think the HBP meds ain't helping with the anxiety. Is it because of the side effects ?? Or other reasons. Is your blood pressure back to sort of normal now, or are they trying to balance it out for you.

I have hbp myself. They are trying to balance the thing out at the moment(upping the meds when appropriate), so its a case of regular checks on my bloods and keep checking my blood pressure.

I wish you luck with your appointments and things.

Anita.

Quote Originally Posted by SHYGIRLAJB View Post
    Hi Buster

Why do you think the HBP meds ain't helping with the anxiety. Is it because of the side effects ?? Or other reasons. Is your blood pressure back to sort of normal now, or are they trying to balance it out for you.
    Hi Shygirllajb, Well that is the question. One I am not sure of the answer too. I had a big panic attack before I was put on them but have had really bad anxiety while taking them, this is my 14th day of using them I am on 10mg per day and my bp has been reduced to around 119/79 stable (for now) from 195/115 I had a lot of side effects from them and one of them it says is anxiety.

I have hbp myself. They are trying to balance the thing out at the moment(upping the meds when appropriate), so its a case of regular checks on my bloods and keep checking my blood pressure.
    I do hope they manage to find the right dose for you. What are yours called?

I wish you luck with your appointments and things.
    Thank you.

Anita.

Hi Buster and welcome, best of luck for dr visit. I had very high bp at one stage 160/110 but didn't need meds to correct it just worked on relaxation and walks etc and now I'm consistently around 117/75

Hi Buster.

Aww I hope your side effects ease off or something. Its good that your blood pressure has come down, something must be working.

At the moment I am on 5mg, of ramipril. I go to the drs on Thursday to have my blood pressure checked and then have my bloods taken. My blood pressure before I took any meds was like 160 over 100.

I hope you are ok.

Anita.

Hi Anita, Thanks for your post. Please let me know how you get on. I have been shopping this morning and I feel a little better up to now. I am at the GP's at four o'clock for my scan. I need to go with a full bladder.. I felt a little anxious yesterday afternoon and up to tea time but settled after that but I did lay awake until 1.15am before I could fall to sleep. My BP was 195/115 two weeks ago hence the BP meds. I hate taking tablets but needs must. I will keep you all updated with how I get on later.

Buster.

Well just back from the scan. Bladder, Spleen and kidney's a routine one that they do for anyone with High Blood Pressure, they said. The radiologist told me everything was normal size and no signs of any abdomalities. So that's one step out of the way. Gp's on Friday morning for blood and urine results. I feel better knowing the scan seems clear.

Quote Originally Posted by buster_uk1967 View Post
    Well just back from the scan. Bladder, Spleen and kidney's a routine one that they do for anyone with High Blood Pressure, they said. The radiologist told me everything was normal size and no signs of any abdomalities. So that's one step out of the way. Gp's on Friday morning for blood and urine results. I feel better knowing the scan seems clear.
    Really, crikey, no one has asked me to have one of those scans yet. I wonder if it was because your readings was very high, I mean before the hbp meds.

I am glad that everything is clear and normal.

Hi Anita. I am glad too. I just hate the anxiety and panic I am hoping it's a temp side affect of these meds. I can't seem to get any answers from anywhere. I was feeling great all today until 6pm then I felt it coming on again it has now subsided again although I have had to come lay in bed.

Hi,

Awww sorry to hear that, hope you are ok now. I wonder what you are panicing about . Any ideas whats so ever??.

Like you were doing something, watching tv that could have triggered something.

Anita.

Buster,

You are not, i repeat NOT a failure, you sir have had a highly distressing experience and it is obvious you care immensely about your family (i can tell by the way you are selflessly stopping your meds for their sake) and in my book that makes you a top bloke.

Don't let it get you down, anxiety like all mental health is an illness, sure its not short and acute like the flu (if only you could have vaccine!) it is nevertheless an illness and you need to view it as something that is affecting you now but something you can recover from.

Have you asked your GP about CBT? i think also that with your experience in the past maybe a bit of counselling would be beneficial, somewhere safe where you can go through what happened and help it make sense to you. Other than that try some relaxation techniques like progressive muscular relaxation or guided imagery it is all about exercising that link between your body and mind and getting yourself in full control. It also all about accepting that we all are who are there is nothing wrong with being ill - its not like you asked for anxiety is it? if you are not keen on meds then there are loads of exercises you can do and even if you do go on another course of meds then the exercises are the long term solution.

All the best mate. Keep your chin up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information