Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Re: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by SHYGIRLAJB View Post
    Hi,

Awww sorry to hear that, hope you are ok now. I wonder what you are panicing about . Any ideas whats so ever??.

Like you were doing something, watching tv that could have triggered something.

Anita.
    Hi Anita, I don't know what I am panicking about I wish I did The first panic attack I had this time around was while I was just dropping off to sleep on a night time while in bed, The next one was while I was sitting down to start eating my tea and then anxiety most of the time while I was doing everyday things, like watching the TV or doing the hoovering I can not seem to find what is triggering this bout off, But I will. Hope you get on ok at the doctors today. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgoinon View Post
    Buster,

You are not, i repeat NOT a failure, you sir have had a highly distressing experience and it is obvious you care immensely about your family (i can tell by the way you are selflessly stopping your meds for their sake) and in my book that makes you a top bloke.

Don't let it get you down, anxiety like all mental health is an illness, sure its not short and acute like the flu (if only you could have vaccine!) it is nevertheless an illness and you need to view it as something that is affecting you now but something you can recover from.

Have you asked your GP about CBT? i think also that with your experience in the past maybe a bit of counselling would be beneficial, somewhere safe where you can go through what happened and help it make sense to you. Other than that try some relaxation techniques like progressive muscular relaxation or guided imagery it is all about exercising that link between your body and mind and getting yourself in full control. It also all about accepting that we all are who are there is nothing wrong with being ill - its not like you asked for anxiety is it? if you are not keen on meds then there are loads of exercises you can do and even if you do go on another course of meds then the exercises are the long term solution.

All the best mate. Keep your chin up
    Hi Whatsgoinon, Your post has lifted me, thank you, Yes I do care very deeply about my family, My Wife and three children are ALL wonderful and very supportive. I am back at the GP's tomorrow morning and I am going with my wife's support I am not embarrassed to ask for help because in life some people just are not strong enough to do things on their own I beat this once I WILL beat it again Thank you again for your advice I will ask the doctor about cbt and maybe counselling I really do not want to start on the cit again, I wonder if there is anything else not so severe?

Hi, Buster,

Hope you are ok today, not having a good day myself, hmm. Been to see the nurse and my blood pressure was like 165 over 96 , . Not sure why its so high today. Had my bloods done. Ment to be going to my English Course but going to cancel as my head cold is still kind of bad.

Anita.

Hi Anita,

Sorry your not feeling too well today. Do you think your high BP is anything to do with why you feel off? Or maybe the cold is making you feel worse, it does take it out of you. I hope you feel better tonight and have a nice day tomorrow. I have been and bought some quite life tablets today I will try anything once. I will see how they go.

Hi, Buster,

Not really sure, im going to see my dr next week. I will mention something then. I think the bad head cold is something to do with the blood pressure being high but there again im no dr so hmm. At the moment I think something wants to escape my brain, and through the back of my eyes. hmm. I guess thats sinus pain for you.

I wish you luck with your tablets. Good luck tomorrow morning.

Anita.

Thanks Anita, Counting the seconds until my doctors appointment. I will update here when I get back.

Well, back from the Doctors, and all my bloods and urine test came back within normal ranges in fact he said my cholesterol is 5.1 which is lower than his. My BP is down to around 130/84, I have lost 15lbs 3oz since just before Christmas, (I have been dieting) just another 3 stone 7 pounds to go. I told him about my anxiety and the panic attacks and he said that I can only help myself (I know this), He did offer me ssri's but I said I would rather try without if I could, although I know this path is not for everyone, it's just that I had a tough time on them last time and it has put me off. it is going to be hard but I WILL do it. He has referred me for CBT, But has told me that the wait in my area is around seven months. He then logged onto the internet pulled a page up on amazon and pointed me in the direction of a couple of good help yourself cbt books. I have come home and ordered them I want to give them a go. They are being delivered tomorrow. Not feeling to bad today but my trouble usually start after tea time and carry on until I finally fall to sleep after midnight. Thank god for csi reruns on sky!

Any help I can give anyone else I will try and give maybe we could help one another.

Buster.

Hi Buster

Aww im glad that they have come back normal. Well done on the weight loss. Good luck with the CBT books, hope they help you.

Anita.

Quote Originally Posted by SHYGIRLAJB View Post
    Hi Buster

Aww im glad that they have come back normal. Well done on the weight loss. Good luck with the CBT books, hope they help you.

Anita.
    Hi Anita.

Well I woke up this morning feeling very anxious, I don't know why? Anyway after 20 mins there was a knock at the door. My two books have arrived. I can't wait for a quite time so I can start to read them. How have you been?

Hi Buster,

Sorry to hear that you woke up really anxious. Happy reading. Oh hopefully im not the mend, got given some antibiotics for the sinus infection. The pain is still here so getting really fed up of it all. I guess it just takes time now. hmmm. Oh well, not to worry, lol.

Hope you are ok this afternoon.

Anita.

Hi Anita. Hope you are feeling better. I am going to make another appointment with the doctor asap, I can not go on feeling this way. I am anxious most of the day now and well into the night. I was trying to stick it out but I don't think I can. I do believe that the lisinopril is making things worse my anxiety has gotten a lot worse since I increase my dose of lisinopril to 10mg a day. That's the only factor I can think of.

Regards Buster.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information